Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone for Podiatry? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

I'm applying, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    hi i have an interview for podiatry at salford on the 16 feb anyone have any info on what to expect at interview, how many apply, how many places they have etc any help gratefully received
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place. But, i already have my A level results so it makes it easier!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in at Plymouth, I got my A levels in the dim and distant past... so long ago that I've lost the certificate! Gotta get a replacement from edexcel at £35. Anyone going to Plymouth? I'm still waiting for my NHS number so I can apply for my bursary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinningjackie)
    I'm in at Plymouth, I got my A levels in the dim and distant past... so long ago that I've lost the certificate! Gotta get a replacement from edexcel at £35. Anyone going to Plymouth? I'm still waiting for my NHS number so I can apply for my bursary.
    I'm applying for Plymouth

I've got my A-levels already too- 2006

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too i got them in 2006. I've got a place at salford and will be going there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi CoolCat,

Have you got a place yet? I got my A levels in 1984! and a BSc in 1987. It's a career change for me.
    Jackie

ReputationRep:
    Hi CoolCat,

Have you got a place yet? I got my A levels in 1984! and a BSc in 1987. It's a career change for me.
    Jackie
    :hello:

nope still waiting (I applied like two weeks before the deadline so I expect to be kept waiting a while lol)

are you excited to be starting at plymouth?

ps. what podiatry experience does everyone have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    :hello:

nope still waiting (I applied like two weeks before the deadline so I expect to be kept waiting a while lol)

are you excited to be starting at plymouth?

ps. what podiatry experience does everyone have?

Good luck then. I applied in October & got offered on 15th Jan. I've got very little Podiatry experience, but I have shadowed a recent graduate from Plymouth for 1 day. Will do another one soon. She really enjoyed the course, so I hope that bodes well.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck then. I applied in October & got offered on 15th Jan. I've got very little Podiatry experience, but I have shadowed a recent graduate from Plymouth for 1 day. Will do another one soon. She really enjoyed the course, so I hope that bodes well.
    thankies

I've just got an offer from UWIC so far (it came today)but I'm just glad somewhere wants me lol. Did Plymouth ask you to send all your exam certificates? UWIC is conditional upon that.

ah that is good experience :yy: I shadowed in three clinics; biomechanics, General and surgery :yep:

ReputationRep:
    thankies

I've just got an offer from UWIC so far (it came today)but I'm just glad somewhere wants me lol. Did Plymouth ask you to send all your exam certificates? UWIC is conditional upon that.

ah that is good experience :yy: I shadowed in three clinics; biomechanics, General and surgery :yep:
    Yes Plymouth does want to see your exam certificates, which is a problem for me, because I can't find my A level one. Got the O level & degree ones though. I have had to fork out £35 for a replacement A level one. I do hope that they can find it. The University of London exam board doesn't exist any more. Edexcel are supposed to have the records.

Which clinic did you like best? I saw the general one - lots of nail cutting and corn/callus removal! I'm seeing the biomechanics one next.

ReputationRep:
    hey am doin podiatry in uwic tooooooooooooooo answer me bk at [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Podiatry in UWIC too

ReputationRep:
    I am looking into Podiatry for entry in 2012 have to get a few academic qualifications first.I thinking when i do apply to Plymouth,Northampton,Birmingham Metropolitan,UEL and maybe New college Durham.I was looking at Southampton but they said i needed 2 weeks work shadowing experience Podiatrist so i might have to spilt that over a few weeks next year.Good luck to everyone on this thread whos going to do Podiatry:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizardtop)
    I am looking into Podiatry for entry in 2012 have to get a few academic qualifications first.I thinking when i do apply to Plymouth,Northampton,Birmingham Metropolitan,UEL and maybe New college Durham.I was looking at Southampton but they said i needed 2 weeks work shadowing experience Podiatrist so i might have to spilt that over a few weeks next year.Good luck to everyone on this thread whos going to do Podiatry:yep:
    come to QMU in Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    come to QMU in Edinburgh
    thanks for the advice Cool Cat unfortnately look into funding in scotland and wouldnt be eligable for the full 4 years up there.So i am looking at UK schools of Podiatry at the mo.I wont be applying until late 2012/13 anyways as i have a few more quals to get first:yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.