Turn on thread page Beta

She's definitely not the type who is afraid of saying what she thinks. I understand why she doesn't want to just cut him out, I just don't understand why she can't just tell him "either cut out the flirty messages or friendship over".

(Original post by ivantheterrible)
    But you are enough of a **** to make distrustful, patronising 'suggestions' behind her back? Suggestions like, err, cutting all forms of contact with a mate because you're feeling intimidated?
    What? I'm only saying that if it was me in her situation that I'd sever all contact if it was making her this unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One time I got a sleazy comment over facebook chat from a male friend.

I mentioned politely (not sure how I managed this, but I seem to remember it was good convo skills ) that I had a boyfriend

He went into crazy apologise mode - and I said "hey don't worry about it I've already forgotten" something along those lines.

Then.. maybe a day later.. another sleazy comment. I was a little less patient this time and asked him if he could cut it out, it's a bit uncomfortable for me etc.

In the end, I couldn't stop this guy from continually trying it on. He wasn't like this when I knew him in life - obviously a little more confident via facebook.

Suffice it to say: I relayed these comments to my boyfriend, much to our mutual amusement; and eventually I just had to block this guy. Even if my boyfriend didn't give a damn - I don't appreciate creepy comments from guys I don't fancy when I'm not reciprocating/actually asking him politely to stop.

Perhaaps your girlfriend is just different, and it's arguably a bit of a grey area/personal opinion whether she's behaving badly.. but that's just my perspective on how would behave in that situation - and I think I have a pretty happy healthy trusting relationship.
    your fella is luckey. lol your the perfect gf who hides nothing like this.
    my gf dus the same and we both sort it out and then laf it off. well these rude things only happened twice online, and both from her m8s who she never expected that would hit on her...bt she bloked 1 and the other guy she still talks 2 coz hes stoped and nos if he dus it once more, she dosent wanna talk 2 him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    That would annoy me. I'd be annoyed at him for texting her stuff like that (does he know that she has a boyfriend?) and annoyed at her for keeping contact with him - in my humble opinion, if you're with someone and you like them enough, you should be willing to politely say to the annoying texting guy, **** off.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're a little paranoid to be honest.

Fine he may be interested in her, and sending her sleazy texts, and he may be a sleazy guy as you say. But if she's not interested in him then there's nothing to worry about.

She may well be aware that he's interested in her, but doesn't care because she likes him as a friend, and so lets him send these texts even though she's told him to stop because she knows he's never going to send her a text that will make her suddenly fall in love with him. She's comfortable that she's happy with you, so can deal with that.

And yes, she had few friends over Christmas so she went around to his. Who cares? If you trust that she's not cheating then let her have her friends.

They are her friends and you shouldn't be asking her to choose between you and him, you don't know their history and how close they may be (only as friends) so don't just ask her to end all contact because it annoys you a bit. If you do, she may end up choosing him as a friend over you, and then you'll regret you ever said anything.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty difficult when I'm 4 hours away because we're both at our family homes over Christmas. :rolleyes:
    Gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmo541)
    Did you fix her car over Christmas by any chance?
    No, but I did walk her dog if thats close enough for you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivantheterrible)
    But you are enough of a **** to make distrustful, patronising 'suggestions' behind her back? Suggestions like, err, cutting all forms of contact with a mate because you're feeling intimidated?

Listen to this girl.

Yes, do

ReputationRep:
    She's definitely not the type who is afraid of saying what she thinks. I understand why she doesn't want to just cut him out, I just don't understand why she can't just tell him "either cut out the flirty messages or friendship over".

What? I'm only saying that if it was me in her situation that I'd sever all contact if it was making her this unhappy.
    It'd **** me off if it was my girlfriend and some guy. But at the same time, I know fully well I've been that guy and never had ANY intention of doing anything with the girl.

Although, I imagine there are plenty of guys who -would- do stuff if they could!

idk, I'd get rid of the ***** if she's being like that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.