Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How Loyal Are YOU!! To MSN Messenger?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was talking to my friend the other day about MSN, and I raised the point that I found it strange how something so good, and that everyone uses is totally free.

Anyway cut along story short I asked him "Would you pay for it if it cost say £1 a month" and we both agreed that we would.

Just thought out of curiousity if anyone else would pay for it, or what else you might do if you decided against it? Perhaps Yahoo?

ReputationRep:
    I do not use MSN.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, I use Yahoo mainly anyway but same applies. Would probably just revert to Facebook chat, infact probably use facebook more than both

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it, Facebook made it pretty much obsolete though.

ReputationRep:
    I'll keep it so long as it's free, which it always will be. Hypothetically though, if MSN charged then there's always Skype (which I would pay for, actually. I use it enough!).

ReputationRep:
    I've moved onto Facebook now.

ReputationRep:
    I would pay. I'm on it pretty much 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's on Facebook now. I wish people still used MSN, it actually worked.

ReputationRep:
    MSN yea.. out of 120 contacts i hardly know 10 l

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't pay for it. I think I only use it to talk to one person about two evenings a week, and I talk to her on Facebook, or email and text her so I could manage without it. I just text everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't pay and you can merge all your messenger on Trillian on something like that. Plus as someone stated above, facebook has kinda taken over.

I rarely use msn now, and most of my friend I can reach by text or by facebook.

ReputationRep:
    I use 'emesene'.
    :p:

For the service and all of my current contacts, I'd maybe stretch to £5 a month. I could download another IM software for nothing, though, surely?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldent pay for it.... BUT I love msn alot seems to do everything in one place and its a great medium just to chat, Also I hate fb chat...

ReputationRep:
    I would. Facebook chat is a steaming pile of dog plop.

ReputationRep:
    facebook chat is complete crap.

Saying that though I wouldn't pay for msn, just because I'm tight :p: I'd use yahoo or some other messenger instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an MSN addict but I'm not sure I would pay for it - too many similar alternatives out there.

ReputationRep:
    No. I prefer Skype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    facebook chat is complete crap.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but only because I could move on to Yahoo or something. Of course, if they all started charging, I probably would as it's the best one out of all of them, but only if everyone else did. There's no point paying for something that hardly anyone else uses.

I absolutely hate the Facebook one, it's so unreliable. It takes half an hour for what you've sent to actually reach the other person.

ReputationRep:
    I use it all the time, and facebook isn't replacing it at all, i'd rather not chat at all than have that thing disconnect every 2 minutes. I think i would pay that much, but i'm not sure other people will which means loads of my contacts won't go online anymore and that'll probably ruin it. So yea, i'd pay, if all of my contacts do as well.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.