Turn on thread page Beta

Addicted to Mephedrone watch

(Original post by EssexDan86)
    Ah Mephedrone, aka MIAOW! My housemates are obsessed with this, one of them has just bought 50g to make a bit of a profit out of.

The housemates can't get enough of staying up all night on this stuff and then well into the next day. Bloody druggies, call me old fashioned, but what's wrong with sticking to 10 pints of lager then passing out by 3am?
    If you knew how it made you feel you would know that alcohol just doesn't compare. I wish i'd never tried it in the first place, you can't miss what you haven't had.

ReputationRep:
    where can i get this stuff?

(...considering i ain't gona go round getting myself addicted to it)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lewk)

Google is your friend. You'll find sources and then a million website telling you how God damn stupid it is. Probably best avoiding it.

(Original post by Lewk)

Don't touch the stuff, its not worth it. It's a very moreish drug in that the effects don't last that long so you'll want to do another line, it always just "one more line" but it never is until you either turn blue or run out.

Alot of people i know are having similar problems as me from it, i would not recommend it to anyone no matter how good a feeling it gives you. I can't wait for it to become illegal so i don't have it on ready supply.

ReputationRep:
    Try Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    OP, you say that you can see yourself replacing it with heavy eating or smoking - if that's what you think could help you get off it, then I say go for it.

Here's a text myt friend sent me today who works in social services and is doing stuff on drugs :

"Hiya, i know you don't have to take my advice but i seriously recommend you get rif of that meph. Don't think i'll do it again after what i've been told today. It's over 5 times more corrosive than cocaine and once you're hooked will be on 20 tablets a day! The damage it does to your nose and throat is very quick and permanent. They still don't really know long term damage! Sorry to sound like a nag, its your choice anyways, its's just something i'd want to know xxx"

So anyone who's thinking of starting on mephedrone DON'T, its just not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I call troll on this ****.

And if not, OP has only themselves to blame.

(Original post by hunty91)
    I call troll on this ****.

And if not, OP has only themselves to blame.
    Trust me i'm not a troll, and if you think i am you're obviously have no experience of this drug or other people who use it!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of young people are taking this drug now, legal doesn't equal safe. Imo it's a lot worse than weed and i won't touch the ****.

I mean for **** sake, to allow it to be legally bought people have to sell it under the false pretences that it is plant food, who the **** would snort plant food up their nose?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Trust me i'm not a troll, and if you think i am you're obviously have no experience of this drug or other people who use it!
    I do, actually, and you're the first I've heard of who has got to this stage. You've clearly been very irresponsible - which makes any drug dangerous - so don't be so quick to offload the importance of your own actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you knew how it made you feel you would know that alcohol just doesn't compare. I wish i'd never tried it in the first place, you can't miss what you haven't had.
    LOluMaD? Meow and alcohol are 2 different things which shouldn't be compared like that and if you're under the impression that the Meow feeling is that strong then you will give birth to a trolley if you ever touch MDMA or coke.

Meow = poor chinamans mandy.

ReputationRep:
    I've done Meph, Coke and MDMA/Pills and I have to say Meph was the least stimulating and short lived.

I would highly recommend the OP seeking professional help. The healthcare system is slow on the effects Meph has but some counselling should at least try and curb the addictive mentality.

You need to find a new hobby and never touch that *****, your dependency in such a short amount of time is frightening.

If you need reassurance please feel free to PM me, one of my good friends has kicked a serious coke addiction.

Still plant food...why did people try and snort it in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can safely say that you are scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetrahydro)
    It is a research chemical for a reason. If you want to use it recreationally, you should research it first. Reports of changes in the colour of limbs are common with the use of more than 1g. It is your fault for not doing adequate research, and for overdoing it. That said, most young people don't bother researching it, so perhaps it shouldn't be so readily available for them. But the fact is, if everybody was responsible, did their research and gradually learned their limits, there would be no problem.

Learn your lesson: treat drugs with respect.

Regardless, it is very chemically similar in structure to methcathinone and, MDMA to an extent, so there has been plenty of indirect research on it. The adverse effects are essentially the same to that of ecstasy or khat.

Well I've used it responsibly many times in the past and have had no problem, nor has anybody I know. It's not Russian Roulette, if you understand basic chemistry and can gauge its likely adversities from similarly structured drugs.
    You post with the tone of someone who thinks everyone can deduce the structure and closest relatives of a drug just by looking at it or even knowing its name.

ReputationRep:
    They see me dronin', they hatin'

ReputationRep:
    This is why I only will ever do illegal drugs.

ReputationRep:
    It makes your willy shrink.

Yes i am an idiot, yes i am scum, yes it is my fault (i haven't tried to say it wasn't), i know the high you get from meph isn't anywhere near as good as coke, pills or MDMA, but considering that finding decent quality MDMA is near impossible atm and the coke you get nowadays is mostly Ketamine, meph is a decent substitute.

I'm not looking for sympathy or any of that ********, i'm just looking for advice off people who may have gone through an addiction or knows someone who has.

ReputationRep:
    Look at ibogaine addiction interruption therapy, I can tell you from personal experience that it is EXTREMELY effective.
    Most people will tell you that tripping balls on a different drug is not a solution to drug addiction but actually in this case it is, or at least it can be if you do it properly. Do some research and make your own mind up, Iboga is legal in this country and if you pm me I can advise you further.

EDIT - by the way there actually is a a decent amount of research on side effects of methodrone abuse and as clearly you lack the will to find it i'll sum it up for you:
    "TAKE TOO MUCH METHODRONE AND YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH ******"

kind regards,

Arkady

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.