Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bloody junkies ! At least the OP's seeking help, it's unbelievable to see some people here blaming him for it because they want to be allowed to keep using it. Enjoy it while it lasts, this one'll have the FBI on your tail in no time. Go tougher sentences for anything from aerosols and cannabis upwards.

ReputationRep:
    OP, fortunately you are in the right mindset at the moment. Obviously don't listen to others who blame you, say you are scum, not wanting it banned, yada yada. It is very common talk for Mephedrone users, and you can't talk them out of it, until they reach the point you have got to.

I started using Mephedrone in September 2008. Of course, the first sniff latched onto me like nothing I've felt before. I had tried MDMA, cocaine, and cannabis but wasn't using at the time. Unfortunately, I was one ordered it myself. While those who try/obtain from friends often keep usage down, those who order to their homes are not so well off. All, however, speak the Mephedrone language. It's easily recognised, and will feature defensive words, criticisms against "irresponsible" users, and a strong desire to, well, talk about it. At this stage people say they see nothing wrong with it. But really, take a step back and think about what this drug does. No comedown initially? Doesn't mean it isn't messing with you. I don't know how to get it through honestly, having been there myself, nothing would penetrate my believes on Mephedrone. Mr. Mephedrone. The one who fills our hearts with love, compassion, and makes us believe in nothing but goodness in the world and, therefore, him. This is the problem, believe me.

Anyway, onto the next stage, where the OP seems to have reached. This mindset is very good, OP. Everyone I know who has reached this mindset has stopped usage soon after, as did I. Unfortunately for me, this mindset didn't come to me quite as early as it has you.

At this stage the believe for feeling of pure goodness in the world has gone, leaving a scar in the form of Mephedrone. It's like Mephedrone moulded your brains morals and believes on itself. Anyway. I had come to a peak in my usage at around 2 grams/week, maybe less. I had dropped out of school due to a mood swings, and was enjoying the life of a slob just sitting at home waiting for the next delivery. The side effects are very obvious now. Comedown start to get to you. The depression, anxiety, paranoia and anger. I do not mean immediate comedowns, for these are not so bad and are mainly situation dependant. But the real emotional **** comes later. Maybe starting a couple of days after. Anger comes first, I would get so pissed of and become completely unreasonable, sometimes becoming manic. Then paranoia mixed with depression for around a week longer. Still, I soldiered on, defending it to the death (nearly). It took some time but finally the depression took a hold and I realised what I was doing to myself. I went to the doctor but didn't tell them about Mephedrone. I claimed being really depressed and having strong anxiety to try and get some help. With some will power, the support of family (even if they didn't know what was really going on), and a lot of analysing myself, I stopped.

Avoid music that you listen to when high, avoid the people who use, avoid the places, the situations you rely upon Mephedrone for. You do not need it for that party next week, you do not need it to make you seem super-confident. You don't need it at all. Users, try telling yourself that you are never going to use it again. Try really meaning it. Hmmm. Doesn't quite seem to be sinking in, huh? Somehow it needs to. I still can't say this, but I am getting closer. For now just telling myself that I will use again one day is fine.

At current it is some two months since my last usage, but I haven't used frequently for a lot longer than that. This drug has changed me significantly. I now have social anxiety disorder, am paranoid, often depressed, and feel a lot less able. I went from getting As in my A-levels (chem, biology, maths, further maths) to being unable to cope with very little workload.

I am not scaremongering, I have been around this drug for nearly two years and as unbelievable as it seems for me, I am seeing chapters of my story in so many peoples lives now.

@OP: Please feel free to PM me, I am currently trying to help a few of my friends with the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    "Mephedrone. Mr. Mephedrone. The one who fills our hearts with love, compassion, and makes us believe in nothing but goodness in the world and, therefore, him. This is the problem, believe me. "

Nice story mate, its glad that your open about it. I just wish some people in my college could see these stories and understand how bad this drug is and in essence all drugs, it seems that society today is so closed off and isolated that we feel the need to get off our heads on drugs to feel the joys of life itself,
    sad really

ReputationRep:
    ahh this stuff is pure evil. GOod if you can limit yourself to small lines throughout the night, but once you go past a point thats it your not going to have a good time unless you get that next line. It's turning all my non drug friends into my drug friends

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I first tried Mephedrone in october when i was offered a line by my friend, i only did a line and i really enjoyed it so when i found out it was legal and easily accessable i thought it was amazing. I started out just buying a gram to take to parties or to go out, but pretty soon i just started using it when just sitting around the house. I go through at least a gram a week and it would be more if i could afford it. I go on 24 hours binges, not stopping until it has all gone. When i came home for Christmas it was all icould think about, i only lasted a week before i snapped and ordered some and did it as soon as it arrived, which happened to be the day i was going out shopping with my sister, so i was just running into changing rooms, toilets, anywhere to do a line and hoped she wouldn't notice.

I ordered 3 grams seperately a couple of weeks ago so that they'd all arrive on different days, but due to the snow all mail was backed up so i was stuck without and craving badly for near enough 2 weeks. I went back to uni on wednesday to hand in some assignments and the meph arrived on thursday, i got a phone call off my dad asking me if he could open my letters incase it was anything important, i told him no and luckily he didn't. Friday night my friend at uni who i do this with surprised me by saying she had 2 grams for us to take that night and i was extatic. I stayed up all night taking it and caught a train back home in the morning.

Saturday night i just couldn't fight the urge to start on the 3 grams i had ordered, so i started taking at about 8. At 2 i decided to make it my last line and to swallow a load too. By 2.30 my arms and legs were covered in red rashes, my knees were blue and the veins in my hands were showing up very red. I paniced and phoned NHS direct because this had never happened to me before. The nurse had never heard of Mephedrone and because its so new there was no information on it so she phoned me an ambulance. My parents were asleep and i was determined not to let them find out so i stood by the door and walked up to the ambulance when it arrived. The Paramedics were not impressed that i was hiding it from my parents and understandably gave me a lecture on drugs.

I was taken into the hospital and kept under observation for 3 hours. None of the Doctors or Nurses had heard of mephedrone and had to look up side effects on the internet. My heart rate was ranging from 96-136 bpm going up rapidly in a matter of seconds if i just moved my arm. I could see all the nurses and doctors looking at my stats at their desk looking shocked and saying they'd never seen anything like it. I was discharged at arounf 5.30 when my stats started to improve and i managed to get back without my parents knowing.

Then last night i just couldn't stop the urge to finish off the rest of it, there was about just under 2 grams left and i was taking it from 8pm-8am. My nose was red raw and bleeding but i just couldn't stop taking more until it was finished.

I'm really worried now, this is starting to take over my life and i have no idea what its doing to my body due to the lack of research. What should i do?
    At least you realise you have a problem. I know this girl who started uni in september and has since spent the whole of the 1st semester on continuous benders, It's got to the point where she stays up from monday to friday without eating/sleeping for literally weeks in a row. SHe goes through so much stuff and latches on from one group's bender to another. She's proud of the fact that she stays up for 90 + hours at a time and that she's been to 1 lecture since september.
    I think it's really sad that she doesn't know she has a problem. You're one step closer to getting your issues sorted out.There's absolutely no signs of this girl coming to her senses. SHe's already failed a year at uni because of it, and it's given her clinical depression.

ReputationRep:
    Mephedrone is ace.

ReputationRep:
    what a pussy the OP is....I had an 8 hour panic attack and thought I was going to die and I didn't ring an ambulance I just sat there in my 8 hour of hell(felt more like a week) a fainted twice.....but I sort of knew it was a panic attack..you get them now and again when you dabble...now you know it's just mind over matter...tell yourself you're fine and carry on.

You taking about 10g doesn't make you addicted! it makes you a drama queen and probably bent.

ReputationRep:
    actually scrap the bent bit...gays are good at taking drugs and realise how great they are....it makes you a tart!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read what everyone else put but smoking weed takes the cravings away. I had a similar situation, never really had any major health problems off it but i was getting through about a gram a night (on one night taking about 6g cus id bought 50g to sell and couldnt resist - then had to go to school). However my bodys quite tolerant to drugs, I could sleep within about half an hour of taking some and would be fine the next day so it never affected me too much. I managed to go cold turkey but apparently smoking weed when you're really craving helps. I was constantly craving until about 6 weeks after I stopped, then my throat cleared up and I began to think about other things and forgot about it. You need to just be strong for the 6 or so weeks! Feel so much healthier and happier now I've stopped. Alcohol is a hundred times better.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being addicted to feeding plants. Just make sure u don't over feed them. For those of you who enjoy growing plants we can supply the highest quality 99.8% pure plant feeder in the Edinburgh area.

The plant food Known as mephedrone comes in small crystaline form and costs £15 for a gram bulk buyers can get a reduction on the price.

There have been reports of people using this product as a way to get a legal high. Our plant food is for plants not human consumption.

Delivery is available but there is a charge for orders under 3g.

To place an order and treat your plants call or text
    Max on 07810 386762. If we don't answer don't worry we will call you back very quickly.

Please not - plant food is strictly for plants and not for human consumption. If we believe buyer is to misuse the plant food then we will refuse service. Over 18s only ID required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    You post with the tone of someone who thinks everyone can deduce the structure and closest relatives of a drug just by looking at it or even knowing its name.
    You mean that you don't?!
    Yeah but seriously that's a load of bull anyway, to someone who's not good at chemistry it would be nigh on impossible to look at the structure of drug and be able to tell if that little extra methyl group is going to make a difference between you getting addicted and ruining your life or having one lovely night of elatedness on a drug fuelled high

ReputationRep:
    Its not meant for humans its for plants

http://www.buyplantfeeder.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    I tried this drug about 4 months ago, which I snorted, and went off it due to having a bad experience. I started panicking as the sensation was too intense, probably because I had far too much at once. My heart rate went sky high and I started to feel very faint, finding it hard to concentrate and talk too. After a cold shower and 2 hours in bed, I was in a steady state.

I tried it again recently, orally, which gave me a feel good buzz, followed by hours of fidgeting, talking **** and great appreciation for all types of music! I have found myself taking it every weekend ever since (approx 4-5 weeks now. Taking 2-4 capsules every time). I wouldn't say I'm overly addicted, but I would like to stay clear of it full stop as it keeps me up all night, and in some cases gives me a massive headache, bad vision, painful/upset stomach. I also feel paranoid and disappointed in myself for several hours after the drug has wore off. Nobody knows what long term health risks this drug may cause which scares me a bit. Anyway, as the weekend arrives, I find myself on it again and again.
    Any advice?

Cheers

tried this for the first time last night...and ive never touched drugs before, not even weed. i didnt find it as amazing as some people are saying, kinda expected more especially as it was my first time. then again i only did like 6-7 small lines (dunno how much but only like a third of the size the guys i was with were doing) so maybe i didnt take enough. anyway yeah it was a cool feeling...i thought the plant food bit was just like a cover up though? or is it actually plant food? cos who the hell pays that much to feed a plant!!!

ReputationRep:
    Can't really see how you can get addicted to Mephedrone.
    The comedown is ******* awful.

ReputationRep:
    can someone pm me a safe places to get? cheers

ReputationRep:
    ok. i hope this story puts everyone off.
    bear in mind what time i am writing this.
    up untill i came to uni, i had only smoked weed and taken coke a couple of times.
    i started uni in sep 2008. since then i have taken the following drugs.
    weed daily. cocaine. speed.mephampthetamine pillls. mdma. 2cb. salvia.ketamine
    MEPHEDRONE.
    all these thing that the government put as class a. (bar ketamine and weed and of course the legal salvia) were saintly compared to mephedrone.
    no other drug has ****** me like this.it slaps u in the face like nothing i had felt before.and it is the most addictive thing i have ever tried. i have snorted some of the best cocaine u can find, and the addiction potential of that is NOTHING comapred to mephedrone.
    all you idiot who thinks its all cushty coz its legal, ur rong. i take this **** 3 times a week if not more, and if ***** ur body and memory.
    stay away from this ****. or ull b up at 8 in the morning looking up addiction like me xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm Addicted Too!

i know exactly what u mean. ive been doing it since around feb/march 2010. always increasing in doses. yesterday was at home in the evening, knowing should be working in the morning, still ended up taking a bullet thinking, oh it's just 1. ye right....7am still havent slept. and happens very often. to the ppl out there who still havent tried it, or still arent hooked just drop it. it's not worthed. dont know any other drugs like it. had coke, dope, mdma, lots of things, and been in awkward situations with those, but have always mentally managed to get over them. mephedrone however, is still hooking me up it's definitely the most addictive ive ever had. ppl stay away from it. id like to seek help but have no idea where to start from

ReputationRep:
    I spent 18 years without even smoking, never thought i'd be in the mess im in now.

First time i ever took anything was new years eve into 2010, it was a small bomb of shake and vac before going into a dubstep venue. I had a blast my confidence was high and I felt so social it was unreal, the amount of motivation I had was something I never witnessed.

Few months down the line it went onto the real Meph, sat in my mates car every night having deep conversations feeling real open with each other, the problem is with this drug is it makes you feel like a better person...

Down towards the end of the year 2010, i sorted myself out with a job and treated myself to 1 gram on my day off which was a sunday which i spent with my girlfriend (ex now). I somehow convinced her to allow me to take it in her house even with her parents next door, i convinced her i was a better person on it when i was with her and made her falsely believe the same.

Meph becamce very hard to get, so i ordered a drug called BENZO-FURY off the internet and had it delivered to my mums where i used to live. Me and my ex went to mums for my sisters birthday and it arrived, when mum slipped out i took a huge line in the bathroom as i missed it sooo much!

Couple hours went past and I couldn't feel a thing, so we walked up to my best friends and gave him half of this benzo fury to bomb. Now due to us being so pumped to get up and this benzo fury we took not doing the job, we travelled to get some drone. This is when it all started...

Now this benzo fury was bought off a research chemical website, see how stupid i got it was a website called "RESEARCH" chemical website. This drug enhanced the drone we took by a long mile, went without even topping myself up a line during the night. Now i got dropped off around mid day by my ex and i felt i wanted to stop doing this, so i ran around town feeling so UP trying to find someone to talk to too get sorted out. I phoned Frank, saw the council to find a councillor and ended up at this disgusting house with people who have obviously been doing this drug business alot longer than me, but I felt as dirty and low as them for being in the same position.

The drug wore off then, didnt barely tell this councillor anything so i just left and walked towards work. Now i was a bartender then, didnt enjoy the pub but it was a job. As i felt a wreck, looked like crap and had no sleep to make matters worse my pupils were massive. Everyone i was serving was staring at me with such dirty looks, they didnt even want to look at me. I couldnt take it any longer so i text my ex to pick me up which she did within half an hour.

When i got back to hers i couldn't stop shaking, i had severe pins and needles and my heart was pounding so hard it hurt. It got to a point i was panicking so much i made my ex rush me to hospital. On the way my hands started to hurt, i looked and they was seizing up literally. As my ex drove faster my hands started to bend backwards, it hurt so much. Once we got to the hospital they explained i was panicking and they tried to calm me down, every time they did i would start the whole thing again and i was so pisssed off with them for not giving me anything to calm me down.

After 6 hours of waiting for a doctor, we just left as i was calm n felt fine. That night i didnt sleep, i hallucinated all through the night from seeing toys on the bed to people holding my arms to protect me so i could sleep, weird i know..

I can onestly say 7 days went past with no sleep, the hallucinations got worse and after getting two more doctors to look at me they didnt give me anything. I was awake for 7 days, to me it felt like 2 weeks trapt without even a brain cell to think. You would of though I would of learnt from all this and stopped, well i did for a month..but ive now proved to myself i'm more immature than i thought.

Hopes this speaks out to someone and makes them think twice about starting this drug, some get affected more than others.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.