Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    basically i have few questions.

    i decided to study abroad, did neccessary exams (ielts, ...) and applied via ucas. ive been searching a lot about my issue but firsthand information always come handy.

    so, i'm moving to london with my girlfriend and what accommodation would you suggest?

    of course, the only worry is being budget. would it be better to live in halls or to rent a private accommodation (studio flat would be most suitable i believe). as i was looking, a double bed in halls (where available) would cost about 200 quid a week what is too much.

    but in case we rent a studio flat somewhere in london (no need to be in central), the prize would be cheaper, am i right?

    anyways, i'm just asking for your opinion, what would be the best, in what parts of the city i deffo shouldn't be looking for a flat and things like that.

    thank you very much.
Are you going to a festival?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.