Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from them (for the marketing scheme in particular)?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I got rejected. No feedback.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. How long after you applied did hear back from them? Ive been waiting a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsoul)
    Sorry to hear that. How long after you applied did hear back from them? Ive been waiting a while...
    Thanks. A few days later :rolleyes:

I have heard they have done a few assessment centres already. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    At the end of december. If they've already done assessment centres, do you think its probably a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    At the end of december. If they've already done assessment centres, do you think its probably a rejection?
    It probably is not a rejection then as I applied at the end of December too. Although I'm not sure why they wouldn't have set you up for the tests by now?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thats what i thought. On their website it says from oct - jan: "online testing and first interviews commence". So maybe (hopefully) they'll get back soon. Do you think i should email them or just wait?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thats what i thought. On their website it says from oct - jan: "online testing and first interviews commence". So maybe (hopefully) they'll get back soon. Do you think i should email them or just wait?
    I would just wait another week or so. We are still in January. I think the fact you haven't been rejected yet is a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, will probs give it til the end of the week. Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohello.)
    Yeh I got rejected. No feedback.

Pathetic.
    Same here. Rejected and no feedback.

The initial "screening" is a load of **** for these graduate schemes.

Best of luck to OP

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how they base it. I've used similar answers to their competency questions for graduate schemes I have got through the initial stage for. It is a joke to be honest, they should put everyone who has the academics and work experience through to the online tests. Spending hours doing an application to be rejected with no feedback is highly irritating.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know how they base it. I've used similar answers to their competency questions for graduate schemes I have got through the initial stage for. It is a joke to be honest, they should put everyone who has the academics and work experience through to the online tests. Spending hours doing an application to be rejected with no feedback is highly irritating.
    Agreed.

IF a graduate job wants people with a 2.1 & X UCAS points that's fine. :yep: So people with 1st should be allowed through unconditionally since they are higher than the requirement. It's annoying that the same UCAS tag is placed on people with 1st and 2.1s when the requirement is 2.1 . Where is the leniency?

The same can be extended for those schemes that "only" need a 2.2. I have a 1st in Maths and have been rejected a few times by these "2.2 only" schemes. It just makes the whole initial application process a joke. Are the recruitment team a bunch of monkeys or something?

After all, most have an online test anyway, so each candidates ability can be "tested" and weaker scores filtered out anyway. i.e. reduce application numbers.

And yes, being rejected after filling out those dreary competency questions with a "we don't give feedback" is just a kick in the teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowslian)
    Agreed.

IF a graduate job wants people with a 2.1 & X UCAS points that's fine. :yep: So people with 1st should be allowed through unconditionally since they are higher than the requirement. It's annoying that the same UCAS tag is placed on people with 1st and 2.1s when the requirement is 2.1 . Where is the leniency?

The same can be extended for those schemes that "only" need a 2.2. I have a 1st in Maths and have been rejected a few times by these "2.2 only" schemes. It just makes the whole initial application process a joke. Are the recruitment team a bunch of monkeys or something?

After all, most have an online test anyway, so each candidates ability can be "tested" and weaker scores filtered out anyway. i.e. reduce application numbers.

And yes, being rejected after filling out those dreary competency questions with a "we don't give feedback" is just a kick in the teeth.
    I am furious when I get rejected from a 2:2 graduate scheme when I have a 2:1 and the desired UCAS points. I am really suprised that you got rejected with a 1st. How can they even contemplate rejecting you and putting anyone through with a 2:2 on the basis of a few questions.

The recruitment team are probably jealous :o:

One graduate scheme I did apply for made you do the online tests before you reached the application form, which was really good and saved a heck of alot of time.

I agree these people are rejecting us there and then so why can't they type a couple of sentences to say why.

ReputationRep:
    I am furious when I get rejected from a 2:2 graduate scheme when I have a 2:1 and the desired UCAS points. I am really suprised that you got rejected with a 1st. How can they even contemplate rejecting you and putting anyone through with a 2:2 on the basis of a few questions.

The recruitment team are probably jealous :o:

One graduate scheme I did apply for made you do the online tests before you reached the application form, which was really good and saved a heck of alot of time.

I agree these people are rejecting us there and then so why can't they type a couple of sentences to say why.
    Yup. If applications are screened by a person as they say they are; it won't do them any harm to write out a sentence or even have some sort of tick box for them to do (i.e. reasons why rejected). Least it will give us a chance to improve on our future applications.

Well they are either a bunch of monkeys (family guy pun), jealous or both lol. What can I say? It's annoying because thats one less potential graduate job which I should have gotten past the first stage for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowslian)
    Yup. If applications are screened by a person as they say they are; it won't do them any harm to write out a sentence or even have some sort of tick box for them to do (i.e. reasons why rejected). Least it will give us a chance to improve on our future applications.

Well they are either a bunch of monkeys (family guy pun), jealous or both lol. What can I say? It's annoying because thats one less potential graduate job which I should have gotten past the first stage for!
    I agree you should have gotten through.

I really would love someone from AXA to come on here and defend their recruitment process. I am happy to be rejected from somewhere if I fail the tests but rejecting my initial application when I have everything they ask for is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed them yesterday. I agree their application process is a bit of a joke.....

"We have received a massive response to our Marketing Graduate Programme this year and we have screened and progressed all applications submitted up until the middle of December. This has resulted in us filling all required interview and assessment slots to date, and our final assessment centre is scheduled to take place on Friday 5th February. If at that point we haven’t recruited the people that we need for the programme, we will screen the applications submitted in late December and offer more testing and interview slots accordingly. Either way, we will update you again in early February."

If they were going to do this, their deadline shouldnt be at the end of decemeber!

ReputationRep:
    to apply for a graduate scheme with AXA - was thinking the IT graduate scheme - do they want you to have experience in relevant areas - because I haven't been on placement so would they still take you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karman177)
    to apply for a graduate scheme with AXA - was thinking the IT graduate scheme - do they want you to have experience in relevant areas - because I haven't been on placement so would they still take you in?
    No they dont. you dont need experience, go for it.

I applied for an IT graduate job in AXA and got through to the final stage. they didnt select me for the job because they said i lacked self confidence. that was the only reason they rejected me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BCS student)
    No they dont. you dont need experience, go for it.

I applied for an IT graduate job in AXA and got through to the final stage. they didnt select me for the job because they said i lacked self confidence. that was the only reason they rejected me.
    ahhh smashing - - well im on my gap year atm - - got final year to go and i really fancied it... i thought not have a placement really makes a different.. - but i just got a normal job as a sales advisor with O2 so hopefully that can enhance my competency

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.