Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    today at exam, it was a multiple choice exam where i had to shade in the answers, i used pencil to shade in the answers, it would be marked electronically by OMR i think, i was supposed to use pen to mark in.

anyone know what would happen please?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should use a pencil. But either way if the machine has no clue what going on it says "hey what's going on guys?" and a human will mark it iirc.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be read fine.

If it can't be read, it'll be manually marked but I don't see how pen/pencil marks are going to make a significant impact on the computer's filled in circle-reading ability.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    edexcel strictly wants eveything to be done in pen.

however, on numerous occassions, i have used both pen and pencil in the same exam and it has been marked. so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Oh I take it you're sitiing a crappy GCSE science multiple choice paper...When I did my GCSE Science I used pencil. My friend did all of her tests in pen though and in still got marked. In fact she got 40/40 on each module. Strange...

ReputationRep:
    i use to do mine in HB pencil

ReputationRep:
    i honestly dont think it will matter-they just prefer pen so they say to use it!

dont worry about it!

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.