Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Perpetually left out by flatmates. watch

I've posted about this before, but it still isn't getting any better.
    Despite me going out EVERY night this week with them I don't feel any closer to them
    I've tried talking to them more, hanging out with them, doing them favours...but it's making no difference.
    I'm meant to be going out tonight with everyone, yet the girls I'm meant to be friends with just walked into another one's room and left me outside. They have all these in jokes that I can't join in with too.
    I talked to them about it, and they said they didn't mean to leave me out, and said they'd try a little more, but so far they haven't. They basically ignore me whenever I go into the kitchen, I get so shy I can barely talk, and when I do talk they give me pitying looks, or death looks.
    Some of the people are totally ignoring me. I don't even know what I've done wrong, but because I'm living with them next year I have to carry on trying.

I'm not some social retard either, I've have plenty of boyfriends in the past, friends on my course who I get along with just fine, it just seems to be my hallmates

so now they're all getting ready together, choosing outfits and dancing and sharing drinks; I'm here alone, and I know I'll be left alone at the club too, but I have to go, or I'll be even more ******.

ReputationRep:
    Act like you are an interesting and confident person.
    You don't have to be, just don't give off a hint of desperation or people assume there's a reason why you're desperate.
    And they might just be a mean bunch of people, stick with it and it's great that you have friends on your course as well.

Fake it 'til you make it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.