Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why all the commotion? It's clearly the (relatively) poor AS results...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Edsmith565]eral times.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that quite a lot of people spell 'weird' as 'wierd'. I started to think that it was deliberately trendy thing to do, to spell 'weird' with a weird spelling. I suppose that it's mainly because people forget that it's an exception to the rule 'i before e except after c'. Personally, I'd think 'That almost looks like 'wired'. It almost looks like I made a spelling mistake. Hang on...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salparadise)
    You apparently couldn't understand why you were rejected; there is a big gap between the grades you got last year and the grades you'll need to meet the offer. You know this because you avoided stating your AS grades until you'd been asked several times.
    Fair enough, but im happy to share my AS grades. I don't think BBBC in English Lit, History, French and Economics allows you to dismiss me as "really stupid" ,especially given that nationally only 59% of students get 5 GCSE's at A*-C. That was unfair and makes you sound a little out of touch

Furthermore, i don't consider my AS marks to be poor or my predictions (AAB) to be unrealistic

Last year: History AS: B (6 marks off a an A - I retook last week. Predicted an A)
    French AS: B (4 marks off an A - again i retook last week. Predicted an A)
    English AS: B (12 marks off so predicted a B - fair enough)

I think these marks could easily change to AAB

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Edsmith565]Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salparadise)
    Your grades weren't the reason. Your incredible ability to ignore the fact that your AS grades are vastly different to the entry requirements does. I see you trollin, I'm hatin
    But surely an offer will be made on the basis of your A2 predictions, rather than your achievements at AS? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edsmith565)
    But surely an offer will be made on the basis of your A2 predictions, rather than your achievements at AS? :confused:
    Not if they don't think you're likely to meet your predictions.

It's all taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    er0...seems dodgy...

phone them up, don't email, actually speak to someone and see why, it is perfectly concieveable that they mixed you up
    i got that, although i really did lack requirements,
    but then again i got offers from birmingham and luffbra so dnt give a shizzle

ReputationRep:
    Hey, didn't you put your AS grades as pending or did you had to put that down? I got similar grades as yours, so my UCAS co-ordinator told me to 'hide' it-put it as pending and was offered a place. And they do take AS grades into account. He also told me that they do take that into consideration and if your AS grades and predicted grades are different, then it's unrealistic you'll meet the grades.

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your comments guys. I will give them a phonecall tomorrow to get some feedback on my rejection. Im not too worried, i have some good offers already, but it would be nice to clarify with them etc. Good luck everyone with exams/offers this month

ReputationRep:
    they probably had someone else who had got AAA at AS level, so is clearly more likely to meet the entry requirements than someone who got BBBBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dairy Milky Chocolate)
    :rolleyes:
    That is some AMAZING detective work. +Rep lol

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected too my course was AAA-AAB and i'm predicted 3 A's, so im just guessing i was up against people with predicted A*'s.
    Just because it says minimum grades in the prospectus, doesn't mean they have to stick with that. They are obviously going to give offers to the best candidates and considering your AS results, im not surprised you didn't get an offer (sorry if that sounds harsh)
    Just wondering why you didn't post them as 'pending'?

ReputationRep:
    AS Results and GCSEs were the reason I think.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.