Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this sort of thread is dime a dozen here but here goes...

Basically there's this girl I like (cliched start, I know). We get on pretty well, chat quite a bit in the lessons we share and I always get a smile and hello when she sees me round college. But...

We're not what you would call "close" friends and I don't know that much about her outside of the stuff she mentions when we chat.

I haven't really had a gf before so I want to know; Is it too early for me to ask her out? Should I get to know her some more first?

Also, if I was to ask her out, what sort of stuff is good for a first date?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe flirt a bit more, if she reacts well and you think your getting a bit closer from it, then go for it. Or you could try and get a mutual friend to hint or something if your not good at the flirting side of things, but I would go with the flirting Good luck!

Well she kinda knows I like her but it doesn't really feel awkward between us, I presume that's a positive... The problem is I'm summarily crap at flirting and noticing when someone's flirting back so I don,t have a clue really if she's interested in me.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her you like her.

ReputationRep:
    Serenade her with 'total eclipse of the heart'. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    Serenade her with 'total eclipse of the heart'. :coma:

"I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT!"

ReputationRep:
    Why think so hard about it? Just go with the flow, "we talk about this and that" just ask her out if you like her, why think about it!?!?! Just got for it, if she says no then better luck next time.

ReputationRep:
    Get to know her more first. Can't you go out in a group? then just ask her to go for lunch/dinner/cinema once you guys get talking properly. BUt I'd definately hang out properly with her first.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Get to know her, maybe suggest going out somewhere for a day?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.