Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Core Science watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, wonder if you could help a mature student out? I've got my Science ICA next week and we have been told that its going to be the Viscosity of oils. I've been looking on the AQA website at past papers based upon this experiment. Do the questions change much in the first part of the test paper? Also, I was wondering what grade I would need to obtain from the ICA, so I can get a B on the foundation paper? The experiment seems very simple, I was hoping for something a little more exciting like blowing something up! Any tips etc for the ICA feel free to post I'd be very greatful.

Cheers for your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly, the first part of the paper is based on your own experiment. If thats rights, the questions in the first part don't change that much as they are fairly broad, depending on your results. eg. Are you're results reliable? How could you of made them more precise?..etc. They aren't that bad and their isn't much you can revise for it. Just make sure you know the definitions of the key words (eg. accuracy, false zeros). Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

The style of questions is likely to be similar e.g. How could you have made your test more reliable. If you have the AQA Science textbook, at the front or back there is a very useful section (in pink I believe) on How Science Works. You basically need to know all/most of that, in particular- dependent and independent variables, control variables, types of graph etc. Once you have mastered this, you should have no trouble working through your ICA.

The second bit will be similar to the first, but it will be a different test.

Also, isn't the max for foundation a C? Either way, I am sure that you will be able to obtain high marks. The ICA will be simple once you set your mind to the style of questions that will be asked and how to answer them. Just remember to revise the How Science Works and have a look at some mark schemes.

Best of Luck.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.