Turn on thread page Beta

5'3 15 year old male and feeling insecure about it watch

Announcements

I turned 15 last month, most of my friends at school have their birthdays in spring/summer, and all are much taller than me. I'm getting sick of being much shorter than the other boys,
    so I want a prediction:

My dad is 5'8
    My mum is 5'3
    and my bro is 5'10

at the moment I'm through puberty but almost no facial hair and a semi-developed voice.
    I just want to know if I reach about average so I can stop worrying about my growth and focus on exams :o:
    Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    Flip a coin.

Heads you will be taller.

Tails you won't.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I turned 15 last month, most of my friends at school have their birthdays in spring/summer, and all are much taller than me. I'm getting sick of being much shorter than the other boys,
    so I want a prediction:

My dad is 5'8
    My mum is 5'3
    and my bro is 5'10

at the moment I'm through puberty but almost no facial hair and a semi-developed voice.
    I just want to know if I reach about average so I can stop worrying about my growth and focus on exams :o:
    Thanks for reading!
    Mate, that means you're still in puberty.

How old is your brother?

In any case I'd say you'd reach about 5'10 max from what I gather from your family.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you'll grow honestly, especially considering your brother is 5"10. For whatever reason your just slower then your peers. I'd honestly try not to think about it too much, it would only depress you and make you more miserable encouring a continuos cycle. Try not to make a big deal out of it and hopefully others wont, the best thing you can do is try and become comfortable with it.

Praise Lucifer

ReputationRep:
    My bro's 25

ReputationRep:
    (s***, so much for being anonymous)

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you've got the genes from your mums side of the family. However, I think you still got a lot more growing to do and will probably end up at 5'6, 5'7 if you're lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I have a friend (girl) who is really tall but her sister is much shorter so...it's all up to probability.

ReputationRep:
    You still have time to grow. I was 5'3 at your age and now I'm 5'5 (im 18) but and I doubt gonna grow anymore since my dad is 5'6 and my mum is about 5'3.

I know its a bit crap being short but thats life. Consider getting heel lifts (I am! dont care if people think its stupid/gay, I wanna feel like im 5'6!)

ReputationRep:
    I was one of the shortest in my year (I'm also one of the youngest) for a long while, then somewhere around the age of 15-16 I just started growing, now nudging 6ft and can lord it over most people I know...I'm still thought of as short though :p:

My dad is 6'2 so I reckon I'll end up somewhere around that.

ReputationRep:
    No worries mate, have your 5 a day, sleep well and you will grow

I am 6ft, stopped growing when at age of 16.
    My cousin is same age, at 15 he was 5'4, now hes 6'2 and his parents are only 5'8 (same as mine btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threepigs)
    Looks like you've got the genes from your mums side of the family. However, I think you still got a lot more growing to do and will probably end up at 5'6, 5'7 if you're lucky.
    This sounds terrible

Another important fact is that I grew 1 and a half inches in four months... perhaps there's hope?

ReputationRep:
    6"2 muscular build. Nobody likes me. Its not all about height.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.