Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel AS Geog Unit 2 Coasts + Rebranding - Friday January 22nd watch

ReputationRep:
    Even though this would be my easiest exam to prepare for, it's really hard to structure revision for it.

All i've done is memorised my model answers for the fieldwork section, though i'm not too fussed for the others, you only really need a basic understanding, as most of it is skills and you just have to have luck on the day.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKINGxHAZAx)
    It's something i wasn't quite sure of either, the Benidorm case study is mainly a case study to use to demonstrate how one area encountered such rapid growth because of a new desire for land around the coastline, with new people coming in to make the most of the massive tourist industry Benidorm boasts. Also it is getting hard to compete for this particular coast because of expensive and highly saught after land, meaning some holiday makers are forced to go elsewhere and do different kinds of holidays.

If you were asked to investigate the growth of a coastal area, this would be a great thing to talk about, because you can go into detail about how over time it has become easier to get abroad etc...

Hope i'm not telling you the wrong stuff, but i didnt want you to go in with nothing, hopefully somebody can come clear it up for both of us...
    thats right

ReputationRep:
    what case studies do we need to know in detail for the unequal space section?

ReputationRep:
    Really not looking forward to this exam... im doing rebranding and crowded coasts, using scarborough as a case study for both (sneaky isnt it?). Hopefully they dont ask about sustainable coastal management, SMPs or ICZM.because what are those things anyway? hopefully we get a question on ecosystems and urban rebranding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plankey)
    Really not looking forward to this exam... im doing rebranding and crowded coasts, using scarborough as a case study for both (sneaky isnt it?). Hopefully they dont ask about sustainable coastal management, SMPs or ICZM.because what are those things anyway? hopefully we get a question on ecosystems and urban rebranding
    smp's is shore line management schems and dunno about ICZM but i am doing different sections to you:|

ReputationRep:
    =] Got this exam myself and you are so right about structuring Revision for this is impossible and it is probably the easiest exam to prepare for, for me too lol.

I seem to be the opposite to most people but I'm hoping Rivers come up... tbh idc about people lol, I'd much rather be next to a river than people but thats just me...

Good Luck to anyone else doing the exam *we seem to be in the minority but hey...*

ReputationRep:
    Doing this exam this afternoon aswell. You're right about structuring revision, the main bulk of my revision has been going over past fieldwork questions and creating model answers, like it seems everyone else has done. Skills revision is a true ballache though, though I'm not too fussed if population or rivers come up though my preference would be population as the 8 markers seem much easier to nail all the marks on than rivers. Guess we'll have to wait and see, good luck to everyone who's doing it!

ReputationRep:
    What are you revising as of right now? I'm just curious because I just don't know lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzone25)
    =] Got this exam myself and you are so right about structuring Revision for this is impossible and it is probably the easiest exam to prepare for, for me too lol.

I seem to be the opposite to most people but I'm hoping Rivers come up... tbh idc about people lol, I'd much rather be next to a river than people but thats just me...

Good Luck to anyone else doing the exam *we seem to be in the minority but hey...*
    Darn the dominating edexcel board!:mad:

Yeah, just looked through fieldwork, feeling pretty confident, though it's the luck of the draw if we get decent skills question, like everybody else, no preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_aan)
    Darn the dominating edexcel board!:mad:

Yeah, just looked through fieldwork, feeling pretty confident, though it's the luck of the draw if we get decent skills question, like everybody else, no preference.
    xD

I'm feeling pretty confident myself but don't want to get complacent, it always happens when I'm a bit too cofident

Other than that I should get an A... don't really care about UMS for AS (more precisely this paper considering it's worth about 60 ¬.¬).

ReputationRep:
    Rightio I'm going to sixth form (I got a geography lesson before the exam... might aswell) and Good Luck to the mill-... thous-...hundre-.... tens of people doing the exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzone25)
    xD

I'm feeling pretty confident myself but don't want to get complacent, it always happens when I'm a bit too cofident

Other than that I should get an A... don't really care about UMS for AS (more precisely this paper considering it's worth about 60 ¬.¬).
    Yeah, just take it easy and read through it extra slowly to make sure you haven't made any silly mistakes.

Yeah, i think it's around about 40/50 for an A, so that's not too unreasonable,good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.