Turn on thread page Beta

Want To Move Out of My Student House HELP watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    hi guys, so basically to cut a long story short i renewed another year and signed contracts to live in a student house next year with the same people i currently live with now. However, I've changed my mind and really don't want to live here in the academic year 2010/2011.

    I'm really confused as to what to do now. I've definitely made up my mind, but how do I go about finding a replacement housemate? Will it be easy or an impossible task?

    I am also wondering whether to tell my housemates about this decision before or after i find a replacement housemate? either way, my landlord says my housemates need to agree to the replacement housemate, and if they don't i will not be able to get out of the contract. HELP.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.