Shush go do some colouring :P
    Go do some . . . seismometer readings!

Bah! Geology! Not a real subject . . . :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Go do some . . . seismometer readings!

Bah! Geology! Not a real subject . . . :p:
    Oi!! :P

Leicester Uni though? I live next to Leics, and I have a few friends there, though mainly doing Biology. I hear good things you enjoying it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think OP understands earthquakes...

ReputationRep:
    Also have you guys noticed how natural disasters in Europe have become more common in the 21st century? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eceding_states Two in 06, three in 09, as opposed to once every decade...

We're currently undergoing the ''Big freeze''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Piranha)
    Oi!! :P

Leicester Uni though? I live next to Leics, and I have a few friends there, though mainly doing Biology. I hear good things you enjoying it?
    Mmhmm - it's pretty damn good! Great little university. I got in through clearing, but now that I'm here it feels wrong to me to consider going anywhere else.

I love it so much I'm having a tough time deciding if I want to spend a year in Utrecht on ERASMUS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    I don't think OP understands earthquakes...
    I don't think the OP understands that we are in Britain and not in California..

ReputationRep:
    Even if a massive earthquake was to hit Britain, our infrastructure is pretty stable and it won't have super catastrophic results like for example Haiti.
    Japan's got the most effective infrastructure for dealing with earthquakes though, foundations are practically indestructable :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Piranha)
    Shush go do some colouring :P
    You should see my water cycle diagram by the end of the degree, not only was my colouring within the lines, but I could even use other colours than blue and green. Revolutionary stuff I know. But it was worth the £15k in student debt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    You should see my water cycle diagram by the end of the degree, not only was my colouring within the lines, but I could even use other colours than blue and green. Revolutionary stuff I know. But it was worth the £15k in student debt.
    I have yet to master dot-to-dot, let alone colouring in within the lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    I have yet to master dot-to-dot, let alone colouring in within the lines.
    Don't worry, it all slots into place once you learn all the basic skills, sharpening your pencil, choosing the correct colour, taking your time, etc etc. Once you learn these vital skills, not only will dot to dot feel like something a 5 year old can do, but you too will be able to get to the same skill as me.

Life is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvling)
    Also have you guys noticed how natural disasters in Europe have become more common in the 21st century? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eceding_states Two in 06, three in 09, as opposed to once every decade...

We're currently undergoing the ''Big freeze''
    Or maybe people are just more likely to put comparitively mild events on Wikipedia when they're recent? "Heavy snowfall" with a few deaths is pretty much standard for Britain on the medium- to long-term.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, OH MY GOD - TECTONIC ACTIVITY ON A PLANET WITH TECTONIC PLATES DRIVEN BY UNDERLYING MAGMA CURRENTS.

ReputationRep:
    Moderate earthquake jolts SW China province, causing casualties

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_12829569.htm

ReputationRep:
    I felt the manchester earth quake last year? or year before

ReputationRep:
    Well 2012 is getting closer and i think we could see more natural disasters taking place across the world. We've been getting very odd weather across the world too, with the big freeze acros Europe and Heatwave in Australia. Desperate times lay ahead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    year 9 geography = britain will never have an earthquake
    Technically, we have several "earthquakes" a year but the vast vast majority can't be felt by us humans, there are very few that we can feel, there was one a few years ago right?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.