Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    shyt, i neva even knew women could grow hair.....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she was asked to have hairy legs. Models will do anything for the job I guess...

ReputationRep:
    if it werent all the rage for women to shave. all womens legs would look like that. i dont see what the big deal is really. maybe she was in a rush and forgot to shave that morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    It's just hair. We all get it. Quite frankly, I'm not disgusted by it and if hair is ever in again (which it probably never will be) then we wouldn't have to spend to much time and money on hair removal. Which is a pain.
    the 80s ftw!

ReputationRep:
    OH WTF :mad:
    I was a head at Vogue she would be straight FIRED!
    Girls just aren't supposed to have hair dammit, I think in a few hundreds of thousands of years they'll evolve to have no hair anywhere except the head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonbeatific)
    maybe it's a man.
    lol thats what i thought when saw it

if it is a woman then she should have shaved her legs its not right for girls to have hairy legs just reminds me of girls going into the menopause stage

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's East European - loads of the people I see when I go to Russia have unshaved legs. :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Can I just say before anyone throws the race card at me that half my family are Russian, and this is a semi-humourous remark? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    that's vile :\

ReputationRep:
    Sexxxxy :hubba:

EVERYONE, MAGNIFY IT!

Oh My GOD what the hell is the world coming too :zomg: a female has hair on their legs. The world is going to end. I'm too young to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    do you know who the model in the picture is?

this may sound odd but it could be possibly be a man, they do sometimes put men in high heels/platforms for high fashion shows.
    http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...y=false&cnt=38 she probably couldn't wax or the all the tan would come out...

ReputationRep:
    Lol zoomed in too quickly on the legs. Ewwww...
    :laugh: It's her body though. However, I am surprised that Vogue allowed it to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    LMFAO that is pretty vile! But hey its winter, hairy legs = warmer legs :yep:

I miss the single life. I have a boyfriend which means occasionally I am naked and can't hide hairy legs haha!
    Ahh, you need to reach the point where you have a boyfriend who loves your legs even if they are hairy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxine_johson)
    yup it is that is disgusting, they all have hairy leg problems, you shouldnt leave the house like that let alone take a picture like that. this is vogue people
    Anyone who has a problem with hairy legs needs to get a ******* grip.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see the picture, but I guess it is model Carmen Kass? She is known for walking runways with unshaven legs. For the amount of money she is paid, she should make the effort.

ReputationRep:
    How revolting

ReputationRep:
    i think everyone needs to wise up a bit, it is hair after all and it covers most of everyones bodies, apart from soles of your feet and hands, and your lips, pretty much everywhere else has hair on it. get on with your lives!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Saying it's disgusting is a bit of an over-statment surely, it's not as sexually pleasing but I asume that's not what she or the fasion company were going for...

ReputationRep:
    The idea of a model is to show off the clothes and accessories that they're wearing - basically, to be a walking, slightly more human and likeable version of a mannequin.

I've always got the impression that if you wanted a model to to help show off your designs, you'd want him or her to be visually pleasant and acceptable, but without detracting from the clothes - any interesting characteristics they have would need to complement the clothes or enhance the 'feel' of the style. You'd generally rather they didn't have a giant bond-villain-style scar, or a whopping tattoo all over their face, because it distracts.
    In the same way, I think hairless legs on women are considered more 'normal' or 'acceptable' in the UK, and to have hairy legs is a bit 'weird', and people don't view it as a good thing (which I don't like... but that's the way it goes, *sigh*).
    If I was a designer and a model turned up with a big new tattoo of mating lions on her face, and it didn't go with my (say, 'country chic' :p: ) style, then I wouldn't want her to model for me, because it she wouldn't be doing her job properly (i.e. she wouldn't be complementing the clothes or showing them off to anywhere near their maximum potential).
    I would like to know if the designer of the collection knew that she was going out with hairy legs, and if so, why they allowed it. Even if it's a 'statement', it's going to make people question their taste and judgement. People in the UK think of hair as being 'unfeminine', so they might react to designers favouring hairy legs in a similar way to how they might view, I don't know... designers favouring crotch-bumps in clothes for women

Maybe it's just publicity =\

Edit: or maybe they hoped we didn't have such silly preconceptions of 'beauty', I dunno.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Keeps legs warm during the winter :p:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.