The Student Room Group

Trust of long term girlfriend.

Okay, so I have a girlfriend of six years and I'm only 18. Essentially we have grown up and moved our relationship along with us. Going from a childish relationship to an adult one. We've had our ups and downs, mostly from me being stupid when I was younger and cheating on her, i'm talking when I was about 14/15.
Now some people think it's mad but we have spoken about it and would both love to stay together when we move to university. The problem is, we're going to different universities and I'm worried about what could happen particularly concerning other people.
She cheated on me a few months ago, it was only a drunken kiss and we got over it after a short break, and whilst we're happy at the moment I'm worried if this will last at universities that are about 60 miles apart.
Some of the things she says at times make me think she really isn't in this for the long run, and whilst a lot of people my age think it's stupid to be tied down at a young age, I seriously can see myself settling with her, and she has said the same of me. Except recently in a discussion where I said "I could never have a one night stand, it's not my thing". she said to me "I think you will one day. Maybe at uni or something"

Does this mean she didn't really mean it that she wants us to stay together? Or that she expects it to fail?

any help or advice I would be grateful for.

Latest

Trending

Trending