Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Omg! is anyone terrified?! any tips!
    I want an A

ReputationRep:
    ?????????

ReputationRep:
    I did this and got 76 last June, due to completly messing up a 22 MARK linear programming question!

So my tip is linear programming, learn it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    Omg! is anyone terrified?! any tips!
    I want an A
    good luck dont rush the exam, take your time but NOt too long make sure you pace yourself well, if you know all the methods you will be fine just dont make the stupid mistakes which come when you rush and dont go through the work consistently. Read the question properly sometimes if you cant work it out and youve finished the other questions confidently, make sure you haveenough time 2 go back. My problem with D1 was time management so i missed out on some marks so yeh good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EasyTiger)
    I did this and got 76 last June, due to completly messing up a 22 MARK linear programming question!

So my tip is linear programming, learn it!
    Yeah but that was the hardest linear programming question that's ever been up. I remember those darn widgets.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if it matter which number is on a line when it comes to algorithm psuedo code?

When do you go a line down, ive been looking at past papers and there all different?

Also, shell sort is set out different in some past papers as well, where they make sub lists? HELP

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know what a widget is.

Tbh, your lucky im not sittin this one everyone ive sat seems to have changed for the worse so far.

D1 22 mark linear programming question, where the scale didnt even fit the data, M1 AND C3 last friday, immensly different..

ReputationRep:
    someone! QUOTE ME- WHAT IS A TOUR?!

ReputationRep:
    someone! QUOTE ME- WHAT IS A TOUR?!
    :rolleyes: TOUR - is a path where you visit every VERTEX/NODE once and return to your starting position. Example of a TOUR : ABCDA . A term TOUR is usually used when we talk about "Travelling Salesman" , nearest neighbour algorithm to be precise ( used to find the Upper Bound)
    BTW I am doing D1 and D2 this Summer ^^ scaaaaryy , but I am doing every single exercise in the textbook + timed past paper questions, Do you think it's enough to get an A in decision? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaosu_souzousha)
    :rolleyes: TOUR - is a path where you visit every VERTEX/NODE once and return to your starting position. Example of a TOUR : ABCDA . A term TOUR is usually used when we talk about "Travelling Salesman" , nearest neighbour algorithm to be precise ( used to find the Upper Bound)
    BTW I am doing D1 and D2 this Summer ^^ scaaaaryy , but I am doing every single exercise in the textbook + timed past paper questions, Do you think it's enough to get an A in decision? :rolleyes:

LOL! Bit too late for the info now!
    If I can get an A, I'm sure you can!
    What you're doing right now sounds great, but just comb through everything finely if you run out of things to revise!
    Hope you do well!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Bit too late for the info now!
    If I can get an A, I'm sure you can!
    What you're doing right now sounds great, but just comb through everything finely if you run out of things to revise!
    Hope you do well!
    :p: "run out of stuff" is actually a matter which concerns me ^^.Well I'am going to do all the textbook exercises for the main coarse and Rest of Exam Papers for desert. :cool:
    Decision exams are actually not tricky, they just check the techniques and methods however sloppy mistakes can pull you down =P, boundaries are harsh:woo:
    Hope you did well in your exam =)))

ReputationRep:
    :p: "run out of stuff" is actually a matter which concerns me ^^.Well I'am going to do all the textbook exercises for the main coarse and Rest of Exam Papers for desert. :cool:
    Decision exams are actually not tricky, they just check the techniques and methods however sloppy mistakes can pull you down =P, boundaries are harsh:woo:
    Hope you did well in your exam =)))
    Couldn't agree more!
    I got an A!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more!
    I got an A!
    were there any Linear Programming questions? or Sorting algorihms in the exam

ReputationRep:
    were there any Linear Programming questions? or Sorting algorihms in the exam
    both

ReputationRep:
    both
    Just finished D1 book ^^ :cool: most of the stuff is quite straightforward, I just hope I don't make any sloppy mistakes :woo: hehe well in april gonna selfstudy D2 then loads of past papers in May. My D1 is on 8th of June and D2 on 18th =)))))) and some physics,chemistry in between xDDD :cool:

ReputationRep:
    So there is already a thread for this!! I have made another but I'm glad I found this anyway. I also want an A for D1 as well; I think I will get it, just find linear programming difficult.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.