Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got to move to Edinburgh and since I'll be living with my boyfriend, so I'm going to want a studio flat, a bedsit or a 1-bed flat.

We both don't want to live in the sort of place that has junkies ODing in the close or roaming rottweilers that have been trained on treadmills to attack those they don't know. But it doesn't have to be in a great area.

Looking online, the cheapest I can find is about £100 or more a week - that's pretty expensive :woo: Is this normal for Edinburgh? (I'll be going to QMU)

ReputationRep:
    Average prices for Edinburgh City Centre (since I don't know what part of Edinburgh you want to live in):

Studio Flats £375
    1 Bed Flats £583
    2 Bed Flats £755
    3 Bed Flats £1,230
    2 Bed Houses £1,032
    3 Bed Houses £1,135
    4 Bed Houses £1,805

Source: findaproperty.com

£100 is insanely cheap for a 1-bedroom flat... especially since you'll only be paying half each. I'd be VERY happy with that...

ReputationRep:
    £100 is a bargain I would say. Have some friends from studying in Edinburgh and they are paying about £500 for a room, not even a studio let alone 1 bed flat.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have a look at www.rightmove.co.uk to get an idea of the sort of places that are available. It depends on which area you want to live in, how much space you want, if it's furnished etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    Hi, I've got to move to Edinburgh and since I'll be living with my boyfriend, so I'm going to want a studio flat, a bedsit or a 1-bed flat.

We both don't want to live in the sort of place that has junkies ODing in the close or roaming rottweilers that have been trained on treadmills to attack those they don't know. But it doesn't have to be in a great area.

Looking online, the cheapest I can find is about £100 or more a week - that's pretty expensive :woo: Is this normal for Edinburgh? (I'll be going to QMU)
    1 bedroom flat in london is like £120 average per week, not sure how come it may vary at Edinburgh but i assure you, 1 bed flat is expensive especially with utilities bill to handle to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2Av)
    1 bedroom flat in london is like £120 average per week, not sure how come it may vary at Edinburgh but i assure you, 1 bed flat is expensive especially with utilities bill to handle to.
    Rofl. :rofl: Where?! Or was that a typo?

My 1-bedroom flat in Brighton (so obviously going to be cheaper than London..) is £174 a week, and it's certainly nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask what would the average bills be on a one bedroom flat thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Rofl. :rofl: Where?! Or was that a typo?

My 1-bedroom flat in Brighton (so obviously going to be cheaper than London..) is £174 a week, and it's certainly nothing special.
    No that's not a typo. I've been looking at accommodation for next year in London and it's about £200-300 a week if you're not picky so £100-150ish each. Well, I assume they meant each. Otherwise I want to know where this is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    No that's not a typo. I've been looking at accommodation for next year in London and it's about £200-300 a week if you're not picky so £100-150ish each. Well, I assume they meant each. Otherwise I want to know where this is!
    Oh, I assumed you meant £120 a week for the whole flat, which would be absurd. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Oh, I assumed you meant £120 a week for the whole flat, which would be absurd. Sorry.
    It wasn't me that posted it, but that is what I assumed anyway! No need for apologies to me lol! Although I have seen some tiny grotty bedsits for around £150 a week for the whole thing. They didn't look nice though

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.