Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your favourite cocktail? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Cosmopolitan:

2 parts vodka
    1 part Cointreau (or good quality triple sec)
    1 part cranberry juice
    Juice of 1/2 lime
    I second this one. Love these things.
    Even if they do look rather tacky and pink in my hand. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Negroni :
    Gin
    Campari
    Vermouth
    Soda optional.
    Or, a Singapore Sling, which includes Cherry brandy and gin, and I can't remember what else.

ReputationRep:
    Mojitos or Mint Juleps are lovely - White rum, mint, sugar, soda water and lime for the Mojito, or Whiskey, mint, sugar and soda water for the Julep. Lush.
    Or, failing those being available, I'll settle for a Long Island Ice Tea - Gin, Tequila, White Rum, Vodka, Triple Sec (preferably cointreau), Lemon juice, Syrup, and topped up with cola.

ReputationRep:

This one :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Mojito, G&T, White Russian, Cosmopolitan, Strawberry daquiri.. I love cocktails and its so much fun to go out and try new ones (although some of them can be horrible.. pina colada is not for me..).

ReputationRep:
    Cosmopolitan is my favourite of all time.

Cointreau is dead dear though.

ReputationRep:
    Sex on the beach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    While only a cocktail in its loosest sense, you really can't beat a good G & T! One of the world's great drinks, and it just transports you to the glorious days of Empire.

If you like to taste your gin, then Pink Gin or a Martini, especially Churchillian (where you look at a bottle of vermouth rather than actually open it) are both basically pure gin.
    I like this a lot

ReputationRep:
    Chicken and monkey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    White Russian :coma:

Put a shot of Kahlua (25ml) in the bottom of a rock glass say the rock glass is 250ml in volume
    Fill the glass and the cocktail shaker with ice.
    Put a shot of absolute vanilla in the shaker (25ml)
    Then 75 ml of Milk and 75ml of cream in the shaker
    Shake until the outside of the shaker forms a front.
    Strain in the the glass over the ice.
    The mix should float on top of the Kahlua.
    I've never added vanilla vodka, but I can imagine it works. If you use a layering spoon I find the cream forms a better cap x

ReputationRep:
    While only a cocktail in its loosest sense, you really can't beat a good G & T! One of the world's great drinks, and it just transports you to the glorious days of Empire.

If you like to taste your gin, then Pink Gin or a Martini, especially Churchillian (where you look at a bottle of vermouth rather than actually open it) are both basically pure gin.
    I have started infusing my own gin, you should give it a try!

ReputationRep:
    My favourite cocktail?

Hmm, it has to be Molotov.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mojito ... oh yea

ReputationRep:
    Strawberry Daquiri

ReputationRep:
    White Russian, or Orgasm :ninja:
    I'm a sucker for anything which some degree of is content made up by Baileys or Kahlua.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph1991)
    I've never added vanilla vodka, but I can imagine it works. If you use a layering spoon I find the cream forms a better cap x
    Yeah it's amazing how cream can float on anything if you just chill it and shake it, nice wee trick and can make the taste :yep:

I use the layering spoon to go on top of liquer coffee and see the cap you mean its quality!

ReputationRep:
    Appletini!

I had one at Staffordshire Union on Friday night and it was gorgeous and pink

Not sure how you make it though

ReputationRep:
    Probably a Long Island Iced Tea, but Lynchburg Lemonade is well up there, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph1991)
    I have started infusing my own gin, you should give it a try!
    Bloody good idea!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody good idea!
    I just finished my cucumber and mint infusion. I used Hendricks. Its very refreshing.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.