Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Might seem a bit dramatic. But its starting to get a bit annoying. Everybody and their nan seems to have it now and im getting invites from random relatives all over the place that I haven't spoken to for ages.

Imo social networks are made by who they exclude. Facebook was good when it was university students connecting. Now its just a way for people to nose around into each others affairs, or to shove up loads of unnecessary photos. Anyone else feeling like this at all?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook Chat needs to be improved, every time I get a message it ******* freezes my computer for about 5 seconds, drives me nuts!

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of sick of social networking sites in general. It takes too much effort, and I'd rather talk to someone or at least text them instead of talk to them on Facebook chat (which is rubbish anyway).

The one thing Facebook is good for is events. It's a really quick way of organising group nights out or birthdays or whatever; it lets everyone know times and places etc without much effort.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree with the OP to a certain extent. Its annoying seeing a squillion photos all in the same pose on a Sunday morning ( so I"ve stopped looking at them now), often wonder if they actually had such a good time if they had time to take all those photos anyway!. Theres always the option to make your page private so that not all and sundry can see your page, I am hidden on there and dont even come up when you search for me.

Saying that though its a useful tool for keeping in touch with my friends in other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)
    Might seem a bit dramatic. But its starting to get a bit annoying. Everybody and their nan seems to have it now and im getting invites from random relatives all over the place that I haven't spoken to for ages.

Imo social networks are made by who they exclude. Facebook was good when it was university students connecting. Now its just a way for people to nose around into each others affairs, or to shove up loads of unnecessary photos. Anyone else feeling like this at all?
    Haha what's that something isn't as good now its become stupidly popular, well that never happens! :rolleyes:

It has its uses for me still, I don't paste my whole day on it though unlike some people. Who apparently live for their comments and status updates. Main use is to be invited to something and usually to write I can't make it!

ReputationRep:
    Sick of facebook, it's crap tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's just getting boring and a bit repetitive now... specially cos most of my friends rarely even talk to each other on it now, we're all just on there for like no reason really... other than to just have it and all have each other added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    The one thing Facebook is good for is events. It's a really quick way of organising group nights out or birthdays or whatever; it lets everyone know times and places etc without much effort.
    You can do all of that with a pen and a paper; are you dense or something?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I agree with all of this. Bit fed up about how over hyped it is. Social networking just isn't really for me I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah boi - idont have one :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I just plain out don't like Facebook. It's crap.

ReputationRep:
    I like Facebook. And I like nosing... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    Yeah, that. Also, it's good if a friend or relative lives a fair distance away from you, it's just a convenient way of communicating when a phone isn't available-for instance, my brother is living in NZ so we use Facebook messages to talk to each other.

There are certain things about Facebook that are **** - being tagged in every single photo ever taken by that one annoying girl that takes a picture of anything, in any situation; people updating their status' at every opportunity, personally I don't think status' should be allowed, or there should be an application where you could block everyone's status and not have to do it individually - I don't ******* care if you had a good day, if I cared, I'd ask you!

Then there are these incessent, interminable fan groups that everyone joins. I know you can change your privacy settings but it's still annoying. Bring back the telephone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undiscovery)
    You can do all of that with a pen and a paper; are you dense or something?
    He said quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I like Facebook. And I like nosing... :ninja:
    Unless their page is private :p: :ninjagirl: .....just cancels out any ideas I may have had.

ReputationRep:
    never even had it so i wont miss it

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not the end. Though something must be done about people joining all these ridiculous groups like "I hate it when I stub my toe" and "homework and skwl is not kwl, it suxs". And what's the difference between Feed and Live Feed anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook was dead to me the second my mother sent me a friend invitation. It's a no win situation - you can't ignore your own mum, but accept her and she's basically infiltrated your social life :dry: Parents are not meant to know what their kids get up to at university, but now she can see ******* photos of it 24/7...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by partoftheweekend)

I knew i would end up feeling like this if I ever registered, so never bothered.

I reg'd once with a temp email, added a few good mates just to play poker + some other games on a few occaisions and never use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feesh)
    Facebook Chat needs to be improved, every time I get a message it fvcking freezes my computer for about 5 seconds, drives me nuts!
    So so true. Bloody Facebook chat is terrible

Apart from that I love facebook! But it needs to stop being dominated by pointless groups

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.