Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was the Haiti Earthquake caused by the US H.A.A.R.P. Weapon? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    All Earth Sciences students know. It's imparted to us upon joining the secret Geography-Geology society that rules the world.

I've already said too much.
    :eek3: I expect The Council will have you assassinated very soon for disclosing these secrets to the non-geographical world. They'll ensure I fail my dissertation for just talking to you...

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous question. Located on a plate margin, the Caribbean always has been and always will be prone to seismic activity, varying from more frequent, smaller magnitude earthquakes to infrequent earthquakes of a larger magnitude.

ReputationRep:
    That video is so dated. I'm guessing early 90's. When starwars was a real program. And the USA would of been intrested in weapons that could defend against nukes.
    However does weather control etc lead to an earthquake?

ReputationRep:
    I guess if a troll leaves for a while then comes back, his troll will be more successful then when he was doing it more often previously.

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    :ashamed2:

(Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    :ashamed2:
    :dogt:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JR)
    :dogt:

(Original post by Aeolus)
    :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Uh-huh.

Look - I'll sum up whatever the documentary isn't going to say. HAARP is a complete waste of time. Weather control is largely out of our reach, with the possible exception of cloud seeding. The amount of energy which HAARP puts into the atmosphere is about as close to nothing as is possible - a small city does more to change the atmosphere than HAARP could ever do.
    lolling @ your confidence. You're 18. How can you possibly be more confident in knowing this than scientists working at HAARP. Unless you know the inner workings of the R&D that went into it, and more than scientists who have been working on it/ studying it for possibly decades. If so I'm terribly sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    lolling @ your confidence. You're 18. How can you possibly be more confident in knowing this than scientists working at HAARP. Unless you know the inner workings of the R&D that went into it, and more than scientists who have been working on it/ studying it for possibly decades. If so I'm terribly sorry.
    Ok and you know exactly what it can do? Please don't tell me you think that the earthquake actually had something to do with haarp?

ReputationRep:
    You're 18, too. What makes you so sure that HAARP has anything to do with this? If my [let's be honest, better informed] opinion is invalid at 18, so's yours. Fail argument is fail.

Basically - people are assuming that a device designed to emit a small [compared to natural radiation] amount of radiation in the hopes of controlling the weather can cause earthquakes at a precise point on a whim - a point which is also conveniently located exactly above a known transform fault, where *shock horror* earthquakes occur naturally anyway and have been known to do so for several centuries!

The world's disaster zones are not created by the black helicopters circling overhead. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricko)
    Ok and you know exactly what it can do? Please don't tell me you think that the earthquake actually had something to do with haarp?
    You're 18, too. What makes you so sure that HAARP has anything to do with this? If my [let's be honest, better informed] opinion is invalid at 18, so's yours. Fail argument is fail.

Basically - people are assuming that a device designed to emit a small [compared to natural radiation] amount of radiation in the hopes of controlling the weather can cause earthquakes at a precise point on a whim - a point which is also conveniently located exactly above a known transform fault, where *shock horror* earthquakes occur naturally anyway and have been known to do so for several centuries!

The world's disaster zones are not created by the black helicopters circling overhead. Deal with it.
    Ha ha ha. I didn't say I believed in it at all. Fail jump to conclusions because you're so used to jumping down people's throats on the internet to win an internet argument is fail.

Just saying you don't know for sure how it works, what it does, or what the US government want to do with it, so don't act like you do.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha ha. I didn't say I believed in it at all. Fail jump to conclusions because you're so used to jumping down people's throats on the internet to win an internet argument is fail.

Just saying you don't know for sure how it works, what it does, or what the US government want to do with it, so don't act like you do.
    Good so you don't believe it. But I didn't quite grasp what you meant by your first paragraph. Too many fails in the way. try again please.

I'm pritty sure how it works. I have now done quite a bit of research on it. And would also be confident that it is being used for communications research. The same as other large projects that are dotted around the globe. The inosphere has quite a large impact on communications. More so during the day time as the inosphere plasma become excited by the suns radation. There is a method by which you can bounce radio signals off the layer to increase their range.

ReputationRep:
    Good so you don't believe it. But I didn't quite grasp what you meant by your first paragraph. Too many fails in the way. try again please.

I'm pritty sure how it works. I have now done quite a bit of research on it. And would also be confident that it is being used for communications research. The same as other large projects that are dotted around the globe. The inosphere has quite a large impact on communications. More so during the day time as the inosphere plasma become excited by the suns radation. There is a method by which you can bounce radio signals off the layer to increase their range.
    Actually the only part directed at you was that I didn't say it caused the earthquake. What kind of research have you carried out if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Actually the only part directed at you was that I didn't say it caused the earthquake. What kind of research have you carried out if you don't mind me asking?
    A few links

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/18...-and-cons.html

http://www.haarp.net/
    that one just seems to be conspirency theory and old ones at that. but its good to see both sides or an argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fr...search_Program
    Intresting to see the point about them allowing scientists with out security clearence and foreign scientists to go around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sura_Io...ating_Facility
    the Russian one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...ic_Association
    European version. Odd the way they do not have the same questions surrounding them even though they are using more powerful radio waves. Odd also that the only us site that really undergoes this kinda thing is HAARP not HIPAS or the other one in Peurto Rico

ReputationRep:
    A few links

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/01/18...-and-cons.html

http://www.haarp.net/
    that one just seems to be conspirency theory and old ones at that. but its good to see both sides or an argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fr...search_Program
    Intresting to see the point about them allowing scientists with out security clearence and foreign scientists to go around it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sura_Io...ating_Facility
    the Russian one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...ic_Association
    European version. Odd the way they do not have the same questions surrounding them even though they are using more powerful radio waves. Odd also that the only us site that really undergoes this kinda thing is HAARP not HIPAS or the other one in Peurto Rico

So basically you've wiki'd it and went on haarp's site? lol

I already told you I didn't say it caused the earthquake, it's just funny how so many pseudo-intellectuals claim to know the inner workings of such a machine and what the US government might be capable of.

ReputationRep:
    So basically you've wiki'd it and went on haarp's site? lol

I already told you I didn't say it caused the earthquake, it's just funny how so many pseudo-intellectuals claim to know the inner workings of such a machine and what the US government might be capable of.
    No I put up some of the links. You tend to get all the offical sites and then a whole load of people raving about how the radio waves are going to affect their minds. But did I once mention anything about earthquakes in those links? Please tell me you have read them before you dismiss them.

Well then how does it work? Please enlighten me. I'm not sure what other research I could do bar the internet? Not really average reading material. But I've found out all I could and am still looking.

The real thing that seems to be classified are the results from haarp. However results from EISCAT can be found on the internet and it's more powerful than HAARP. All the technology is on show. And remember this is old technology. From over a decade ago I'm guessing those that are intrested in ham radio could explain it better than me. I've never stated that I knew everything but only that it intrested me and had looked into it.

ReputationRep:
    No I put up some of the links. You tend to get all the offical sites and then a whole load of people raving about how the radio waves are going to affect their minds. But did I once mention anything about earthquakes in those links? Please tell me you have read them before you dismiss them.

Well then how does it work? Please enlighten me. I'm not sure what other research I could do bar the internet? Not really average reading material. But I've found out all I could and am still looking.

The real thing that seems to be classified are the results from haarp. However results from EISCAT can be found on the internet and it's more powerful than HAARP. All the technology is on show. And remember this is old technology. From over a decade ago I'm guessing those that are intrested in ham radio could explain it better than me. I've never stated that I knew everything but only that it intrested me and had looked into it.
    Wow you're really not getting the point. I never said I knew how it worked, I don't. I was trying to convey the message that none of us can possibly know everything about it, as we don't work at it and i'm sure the government would be able to quite easily conceal any undesireable information about it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're really not getting the point. I never said I knew how it worked, I don't. I was trying to convey the message that none of us can possibly know everything about it, as we don't work at it and i'm sure the government would be able to quite easily conceal any undesireable information about it.
    O no I get the point. I just don't agree with it.

What about those projects that are similar that do release all their information and data? You know the EISCAT which does the same thing and you can request all their data and is on the internet. Scientists that don't have clearence can dander on into HAARP. As can foreign scientists. If there was anything sneaky going on I doubt that would be allowed. You can get the data from the russian project also. Infact they give the Amercains data.

It's been running for 15 years now. No undesireable fact has come up about this project or any other project of this sort. I say that an awful lot of people do know exactly whats going on there and are not in the US goverments payroll. If this was anything major you wouldn't just be allowed to visit and they wouldn't have pictures of it plastered over their website. You tend not to get pictures of the reactor cores in their subs or aircraft carriers and everyone knows how they work right? The only bit they don't show is the generator for the waves and they can be found in several other locations.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that HAARP is widely known about. People have free acess. It's not the only site of its kind. It is not technology that is only found in the states, it is not the most poweful heater in the world. You can get the data from these places. It isn't hidden, it isn't covered up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.