Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Wow you're a *****.
    Is it a pedigree rotweiler or labrador? I ask because I have been looking to put my labrador-rotweiller onto something to produce some puppies. PM me with more info

p.s. dont misuse technical terms, seeing u next tuesday I find is far more explanative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Single Malt)
    Is it a pedigree rotweiler or labrador? I ask because I have been looking to put my labrador-rotweiller onto something to produce some puppies. PM me with more info

p.s. dont misuse technical terms, seeing u next tuesday I find is far more explanative.
    :rofl: That made me smile.

And _andrew_ yeah you're right tbh, I was fine without anything for the rest of my interviews though :o:

And Woody. Yeah I was being a bit of a ***** this morning and the hostility wasn't needed.. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a lot of things have been said on this thread that if people look back on in 6 months they will regret. However, to add my two cents:

(Original post by licensedX)
    The answer to everything does not lie in a pill.
    No. It lies in a fortune cookie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :rofl: That made me smile.

And _andrew_ yeah you're right tbh, I was fine without anything for the rest of my interviews though :o:

And Woody. Yeah I was being a bit of a ***** this morning and the hostility wasn't needed.. Sorry.

So thats a no? Damn, I really am genuinely needing to find myself a *****, and equally I need to find my dog a mate so I can carry on it lineage, its the offspring of two generations of dogs which have been in my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vutterman)
    hey guys...

I have an interview coming up and I have progressively been getting more and more nervous.

I got to a point now that i can't even concentrate at home.... help...
    Think of all the good things about your application in your head. Convince yourself you know everything and anything about medicine (if it helps, research, look at past questions and practice with other people). Keep telling yourself "I deserve my place on this course, I've put in so much effort into it."

In effect you have to brainwash yourself, at least thats what I did.

ReputationRep:
    wow my thread has been a hit! yaaay! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    :lolwut:

You can't generalise people's emotions and reactions. Everyone copes differently to different circumstances. If you do generalise, you run the risk of prejudice, i.e. what YOU consider to be serious and ignoring what is important to a patient (exactly what is happening here). She finds it important, to the extent that she feels she cannot cope. Also diazepam isn't that fun, you get a nasty hangover effect with it. Some people get palpitations when they go on stage. Is it wrong they get prescribed beta blockers? Some people get carsick, to the extent that they cannot visit their grandparents over christmas. Is it wrong they get prescribed cyclizine?

And saying all about medics/students? Have you any idea how many medics suffer from mental illness? Drug abuse and alcoholism is sky high! Noone is immune from stress. If you want a biochemical model, look at the pain gate theory. That is why some people cry like a baby with a cannula whereas some people can withstand the most tremendous pain without analgesia.
    Well said.

I think the person complaining is just pretty ignorant. Wait for three years until they're in the middle of their medical degree and have realised just how much stress they & their friends are under, just how many of their friends have been depressed - some of which (even the user themselves) may be on anti-depressants. Ignore it suicidal lemming, it's just igorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Well said.

I think the person complaining is just pretty ignorant. Wait for three years until they're in the middle of their medical degree and have realised just how much stress they & their friends are under, just how many of their friends have been depressed - some of which (even the user themselves) may be on anti-depressants.
    aye, or even worse, they wont be on them, lackey. they'll be self destructing instead wiffout the necessary treatment, on alcohol for instance.

Ignore it suicidal lemming, it's just igorance.
    ignore the ignorance, macca, is true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.