The Student Room Group

No friends in halls :(

Whenever I am at halls (most of the day), I am always sitting alone in my room waiting for the day to end, or lectures to go to - just staring at the computer.
I have many friends outside of uni and some at uni, but none at halls. I find myself bored most of the time in my room - when others are all in eachothers rooms or out together.
This was not so much of a problem in the first term as I would always see acquaintances around, in the bar for example - but this term it is really bad.
I know it is mostly down to the fact I find it hard to cement relationships, but what else can I do?
Anonymous
Whenever I am at halls (most of the day), I am always sitting alone in my room waiting for the day to end, or lectures to go to - just staring at the computer.
I have many friends outside of uni and some at uni, but none at halls. I find myself bored most of the time in my room - when others are all in eachothers rooms or out together.
This was not so much of a problem in the first term as I would always see acquaintances around, in the bar for example - but this term it is really bad.
I know it is mostly down to the fact I find it hard to cement relationships, but what else can I do?

I have a similar problem being that I'm quite reserved until I know people better. I suggest one thing, put your self out side your comfort zone. People at uni are generallly not unfriendly, you may just come across as quite shy, in which case they are unlikley to talk to you but if you start it off then you should have no problem. There are quite a few people in your posistion, its just a matter of finding the people you want to hang out with, which to do you just need to put yourself out there.
Reply 2
me too, but neither do i have any friends outside of halls........ :awesome: sucks2bme.
Reply 3
Prussianking666
I have a similar problem being that I'm quite reserved until I know people better. I suggest one thing, put your self out side your comfort zone. People at uni are generallly not unfriendly, you may just come across as quite shy, in which case they are unlikley to talk to you but if you start it off then you should have no problem. There are quite a few people in your posistion, its just a matter of finding the people you want to hang out with, which to do you just need to put yourself out there.

Thanks
It just seems everyone has their inner circles which are watertight in 2nd term and very hard to break into
Reply 4
Lewk
me too, but neither do i have any friends outside of halls........ :awesome: sucks2bme.

saammeee
Reply 5
Lewk

Thought I was the only one. That's why I'm here.

*pause for sad reflection on my life*
You should talk to your hallmates a lot more. If they think you're a pretty cool guy, they'll invite you along next time they go out.
I'm the same. Just sticking it out till 2nd year, move in with friends :smile:
Just talk to people, they won't bite. Do you not have flatmates??
Reply 9
I probably wont be in halls next year :frown: so was originally trying to make the most out of this year
Anonymous
I probably wont be in halls next year :frown: so was originally trying to make the most out of this year

It's never too late, you are going to be there for at least three years, your bound to make some good friends, its just a matter of when and where.
Reply 11
Lewk

Same here.

If I can get to know a couple of people like that, I'll found the misanthrope & social reject society at my uni.
Reply 12
Anonymous

well it sucks to be put with a random assortment of people in the first place, i would've much prefered picking people to live with myself, even if i dont know them, i can still get a rough idea
& anyway if you go crying to your uni halls student support manager begging to be put in halls next year she can hardly say no can she/he?

Latest

Trending

Trending