Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you were UK Chancellor? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    TBH we need to make big decisions on things that need to be cut, and the Nhs is one of those that should be cut. Education should be ringfenced at all costs.

What a flat tax of 35% and a tax free allowance of £16,000 a year ??
    I actually think this is partly a good idea. Except NHS privatisation. We should instead have national health insurance and have this cover 50% of most costs up to £2000. This insurance should at least pay the salaries of NHS staff, and cut the NHS bill considerably.

ReputationRep:
    Swap chavs for polish people :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I actually think this is partly a good idea. Except NHS privatisation. We should instead have national health insurance and have this cover 50% of most costs up to £2000. This insurance should at least pay the salaries of NHS staff, and cut the NHS bill considerably.
    So if a kid has leukaemia let them die. Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I thought I would add onto my older list which can be found here:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=70

I also propose:

1/ The sale of the Met Office
    2/ The privatisation of the Royal Mail
    3/ Increase the tax allowance £11,000
    4/ Give married couples recognition in the tax system through the transfer of the tax allowance as proposed by Iain Duncan Smith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Okay, I thought I would add onto my older list which can be found here:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=70

I also propose:

1/ The sale of the Met Office
    2/ The privatisation of the Royal Mail
    3/ Increase the tax allowance £11,000
    4/ Give married couples recognition in the tax system through the transfer of the tax allowance as proposed by Iain Duncan Smith
    cool I'll vote for you! My tax would go down and my mum could stop working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    cool I'll vote for you! My tax would go down and my mum could stop working
    Awesome.
    I have often discussed this with "people" who are also very interested in politics. We have determined that I could only be elected in a Tory heartland... Oh well the price you pay.

But yes. The point is, who knows better how to spend money than the individual? You don't need the state telling you what you are spending it on.
    Tax cuts are always the answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citation)
    I'm not going to comment until I hear some justification to your comment, please, why do you think this is a good idea?
    if somewhere wanted to nuke us 32million wouldnt stop them. We don't need to fight wars in Iraq etc.

Could always spend it on a more developed police force?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    Well done the taliban takes over Pakistan, and now has nuclear arms. :rolleyes:

I doubt the Taliban would defeat a million man army, unless of course when we leave we leave in such a rush they take all our ammunition

Nato keeps on loosing weapons which the Taliban then find
    Furthermore , we bribe War Lords to be on our side when we p33s them off they just join the Taliban

Afganistan was always a mess for over 100 years, Pakistan was a mess compared to western countries but Pakistan was doing alright for a developing country we go to afganistan and push all the terrorist over the border

It is not they Duty of UK to nation build other countries, america for over 100 years could not nation build a small country like Haiti so how will it build Afganistan ?

Wars cost Money,

ReputationRep:
    Cut alcohol tax by 50%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    Cut alcohol tax by 50%.
    w00p w00p!

With a cask of whisky in a bonded warehouse that would please me greatly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    w00p w00p!

With a cask of whisky in a bonded warehouse that would please me greatly!
    Haha - it would be absolute carnage, but it'd be fun!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.