Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did anyone do OCR Forces, Fields and Energy Jan 2010 Watch

ReputationRep:
    The first ever paper where all the questions were from past papers, I couldn't believe it, repeated questions. How will this affect the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    The first ever paper where all the questions were from past papers, I couldn't believe it, repeated questions. How will this affect the grade boundaries?
    not all of them were, the second one was though
    i thought it was pretty hard though, i ran out of time which doesn't usually happen

ReputationRep:
    All the questions in Forces Fields and Energy were mirror questions from the past, exactly the same word to word and numbers. I was shocked but happy. but made silly mistakes, and thought they couldn't come again, but did. Unifying Concepts was completely new and very difficult. What do you think you got in Forces Fields and Energy? I did all the papers from Jan 02 to June 09 for FFE, but I reckon I got 65/90, however grade boundaries will be higher. Good to see others do the same papers as me.

ReputationRep:
    I felt that i really let me self down as i did revise quite hard for this module so did ton of past papers, and the questions that came up i already did in the past papers but i couldnt really figure them out and gave them a pass thinking it would've come up again, and when it did my brain was like "motherfudger" i feel like a idiot.

lesson- go over each past paper properly and not do half ass job going over it.

ReputationRep:
    haha i need to learn that same lesson tbh, i just did loads of past papers just the wrong ones by the looks of the ones in that paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    haha i need to learn that same lesson tbh, i just did loads of past papers just the wrong ones by the looks of the ones in that paper
    are you doing the other physics module and which one, health physics or cosmology.

ReputationRep:
    I feel there is a strong possibility of mirror questions appearing on all the option modules. I can't see how they will make new papers for each option paper, so I'm going to memorise the past questions more thoroughly for Cosmology, what does anyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    I feel there is a strong possibility of mirror questions appearing on all the option modules. I can't see how they will make new papers for each option paper, so I'm going to memorise the past questions more thoroughly for Cosmology, what does anyone else think?
    good plan, i will follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    are you doing the other physics module and which one, health physics or cosmology.
    Cosmology, just because I want my A so I want to get as many marks as i can from the 2 modules

ReputationRep:
    Cosmology, just because I want my A so I want to get as many marks as i can from the 2 modules
    So what is your existing mark for Cosmology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    So what is your existing mark for Cosmology?
    C i think
    it was the synoptic question in last years that was the killer

ReputationRep:
    how did health physics/cosmology go for everyone, i have the health physics paper which has the same synoptic questions as cosmology so let me know if you want to go over any questions

ReputationRep:
    The Cosmology paper was tricky in places and the sypnotic question was quite tricky towards the end. My guess was wrong, the paper was completely new, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    The Cosmology paper was tricky in places and the sypnotic question was quite tricky towards the end. My guess was wrong, the paper was completely new, lol.
    yeah i was like damm you QE5 when i got the paper, only joking i knew ocr weren't that kind, they tricked us into thinking it would be a old paper though.

health physics was nice but i completely messed up on 2 questions so that's like 15-20 marks in the bin then lost atleast 5-6 marks in synoptic parts.

i think i got around 62 if i am lucky and anywhere around 55 if not, it will be real interesting to know what grade boundaries will be like this year, as there are alot of people who are committed to do well.

anyway i have the synoptic section if you want to go through it let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the questions were really nice, at the same time the last cosmology question was very hard. I'll be lucky to get a C in this paper, as grade boundaries will be higher than normal, as the quality of candidates will be better, conversely there won't be grade A top candidates, so who knows? Regarding the last question - I know I did bad on it. If I look at the answers it will only stress me out, so better not to, but thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    that cosmology paper was pretty hard
    the synoptic was evil
    how do you do it? it will bug me if i don't know :p:

ReputationRep:
    that cosmology paper was pretty hard
    the synoptic was evil
    how do you do it? it will bug me if i don't know :p:
    i can post couple of the questions at a time to over the synoptic section if you want.

i got around 12-14 out of 20 buts that's with my biased marking, i give my self 1 mark for leaving question blank because its a clear answer (that i don't know the answer).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    i can post couple of the questions at a time to over the synoptic section if you want.

i got around 12-14 out of 20 buts that's with my biased marking, i give my self 1 mark for leaving question blank because its a clear answer (that i don't know the answer).
    if you could that would be cool, its going to bug me if i don't find out how its supposed to be done

ReputationRep:
    if you could that would be cool, its going to bug me if i don't find out how its supposed to be done
    sure if you don't mind well go through it on monday afternoon.

got cold and got exam on Monday so just so angry (with myself for being sick) right now.

ReputationRep:
    So how did it go for every how was forces fields and energy and the other paper you did.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.