Reply 1
Lse
Jinru
Lse

Why?
Reply 3
angel_with_horns
Why?

Well I don't attend the institution atm, but LSE has a better reputation/better prospect from what I've heard.

I came across an American guy who studies at Harvard, he says that people attending Harvard deem LSE (+ Imperial) are global universities, even more so than Oxbridge.

LSE is ranked 3rd in the world for social science too, if that makes any difference.

You will recieve more responses if you post this thread under the postgraduate subforum :smile:
Jinru
Well I don't attend the institution atm, but LSE has a better reputation/better prospect from what I've heard.

I came across an American guy who studies at Harvard, he says that people attending Harvard deem LSE (+ Imperial) are global universities, even more so than Oxbridge.

LSE is ranked 3rd in the world for social science too, if that makes any difference.

You will recieve more responses if you post this thread under the postgraduate subforum :smile:

Many thanks!
Jinru

Many thanks! :smile:
Reply 6
Urkel
LSE and Imperial, but not UCL?

Do you know why?

UCL is a global university too, in my opinion atleast, but when I made the point, I was solely quoting from that quote above.

He did not mention UCL, so I didn't include UCL either lol
Reply 7
Urkel
:facepalm:

Ah ok, I misunderstood it as LSE and Imperial being in a totally different league to UCL and disregarded by Harvard . . .

I am just trying to get more information to help me decide which country and what Uni I want to do Undergrad and Postgrad. :p:

lol I thought you might have,

but I think in the UK, the general perspective of the top elite uni are Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE and UCL :smile:

Infact I think The Times uni ranking ranked UCL above Oxford this year :o: but I am uncertain of UCLs reputation outside the UK sorry.
Reply 8
I am currently in a similar dilemma myself (although am yet to receive an offer from LSE- so this may a be a purely academic exercise).

However, LSE to me very much seems to have an international law bent. There are modules on BITs, International Trade even International Tax (I seem to remember). UCL is slightly more domestic and traditional in what it teaches. Maybe this is a reflection of their relative demographics? I personally am more of a domestic lawyer, so at the moment am veering towards UCL. Certainly I have no great love of international law.

In terms of reputation domestically- I think there's very little to choose, they are both excellent law departments. Possibly more importantly, in London you're in the thick of it- you've got the Inns of Courts, the Chambers and everything else for barristers- and of course the law firms in the City for solicitors. Both universities will have excellent links with these institutions. It's certainly a very difficult choice!

All in all go with your interests- it will be an intense year, and there are significant differences in course content. I hope this helps.
Jinru
Have you read the rep I left you?

Or would you like me to respond?

I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure how the rep system works, how would I read the rep you left me, apologies in advance for this trivial question
Reply 10
BigDickBastard
I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure how the rep system works, how would I read the rep you left me, apologies in advance for this trivial question

Click "My TSR" tab on the top of the page, then it will lead you to another page, and all your reps should be at the bottom of the new page
Jinru
Click "My TSR" tab on the top of the page, then it will lead you to another page, and all your reps should be at the bottom of the new page

ahhh I'm sorry I didn't see that, but yeah I'll just delete my posts, they don't really serve any purpose to the OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending