Turn on thread page Beta

Doc Martens and what to wear with them? (Male) watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, been after a pair of docs for GOD knows how long. My dad has agreed to go out and get me a pair for my birthday so im currently off my ****ing nut in excitement.

The only problem is... or rather problems:
    1) What docs do i get?! Personally i like the cherry reds, UGH yes please, but then again, i think black would go with ALOT more :| Also, how many eyes?! nothing less than 10, im thinking 14s, they look fine.

2) What do i ACTUALLY wear with them that doesnt make me look like a damn skin head?! I.. "enjoy" my hair the way it is at the minute, and would like to keep it that way (tryed a colour change to purple,failz, so sticking to black for now). I cant find any pictures of men in docs NOT sporting the skin head look.

Any help please?! AND MOST CERTAINLY PICTURES IF YOU CAN FIND SOME!

ReputationRep:
    I have compiled some awesome styles you could go for:

The Camp Man:

The Homeless Hippie Rebel:

The Tired Busker:

The Faux-English Camp Man:

[This post could have been far more awesome if there were better photos on Google :sadnod:]

In all honesty, Doc Martens are VILE!

ReputationRep:
    Wear 'em with some black jeans, and a few bits from All Saints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I have compiled some awesome styles you could go for:

The Camp Man:
    [/I]
    He looks the best TBH (and still looks pretty iffy).

ReputationRep:
    Just wear them with jeans Although I do like the studded belt look aswell. Depends which 'look' you're going for, band t-shirts are good too
    I love Docs, but they just don't fit or suit me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    In all honesty, Doc Martens are VILE!
    And i thought we'd spend the rest of our lives together

Nah cheers for the pics.. erm.. except the homeless and camp ones :|

Im thinking, skinny jeans, black leather jacket, offensive tee, and beads beads beads. Lets go for punk rocker goth chic.

Im so gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morzor)
    Im thinking, skinny jeans, black leather jacket, offensive tee, and beads beads beads. Lets go for punk rocker goth chic.
    THIS!!! ALL THE WAY!

ReputationRep:
    Not forgetting the good ol' Nazi skin-head look, a la:

Are you sure you want to buy Doc Martins?!

Edit: Just seen what that picture is advertising, hahahaha!:rofl2: I swear I found it on page 4 of a google image search your honour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Edit: Just seen what that picture is advertising, hahahaha!:rofl2: I swear I found it on page 4 of a google image search your honour!
    There are gay skinheads. And real skinheads ain't no nazis or racists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    And real skinheads ain't no nazis or racists.
    Thank you. I tell this to everyone.

Skinhead is originally a subculture of punk. Now, admittedly, its gotten ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morzor)
    Thank you. I tell this to everyone.

Skinhead is originally a subculture of punk. Now, admittedly, its gotten ugly.
    I think it got ugly quite a long time ago. ******* punk-ass low-life nazi-crap racists.

As for your question, why not try camos? I don't mean skinhead-like camos but sth like this: http://aryanwear.com/images/CamoPants1.jpg - I have pretty much the same btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magickal_Faerie)
    THIS!!! ALL THE WAY!
    With docs, obvs ;D

ReputationRep:
    Wear em with anything and everything. You'll never want to take them off. And go for the cherry red :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it got ugly quite a long time ago. ******* punk-ass low-life nazi-crap racists.
    All subcultures of punk stem to a hatred of the government, it was only a matter of time before someone sat there and went "OMFG! The government are letting COLOURED PEOPLE IN?! Lets hate them too "

Granted over the years, many offsprings of punk have died down. Theres gotta be one everyone hates, eh?

ReputationRep:
    They're just shoes . . . stick 'em on and walk you big homo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Clearly, your girlfriend is an NPC.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How would you describe the clothes you have at the moment? e.g. baggy/not baggy, colourful/predominately one colour etc.
    Going to assume that your avatar is you/someone you like the look of...so I think you could pull off the cherry reds, even if they don't necessarily match an outfit with black hair as a base you can pretty much do whatever you like with the colours of your clothes...I'd say wear them on the outside of some skinny jeans (not my favourite trousers...but easier to put boots over :p: ) then wear whatever you like on the top, that hoody'd do...just think you need to include a bit of colour and go for the 10+ s and you'll be fine...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    ditto this. If you can't decide how to get dressed yourself you need some help :p:

I'm not massive fan of docs on blokes tbh, I like long ones on women but that's about as far as it goes.

ReputationRep:

As for your question, why not try camos? I don't mean skinhead-like camos but sth like this: http://aryanwear.com/images/CamoPants1.jpg - I have pretty much the same btw.
    er......"aryan wear"?

Just wear them with anything they go with most things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    How would you describe the clothes you have at the moment? e.g. baggy/not baggy, colourful/predominately one colour etc.
    Going to assume that your avatar is you/someone you like the look of...so I think you could pull off the cherry reds, even if they don't necessarily match an outfit with black hair as a base you can pretty much do whatever you like with the colours of your clothes...I'd say wear them on the outside of some skinny jeans (not my favourite trousers...but easier to put boots over :p: ) then wear whatever you like on the top, that hoody'd do...just think you need to include a bit of colour and go for the 10+ s and you'll be fine...
    At the minute, my wardrobe is pretty much purple (T's anyway). Erm, slim/skinnyISH jeans, only really one baggy pair (i need SOMETHING to go with my DCs).

But yeah, purple purple purple. Grim because the purple docs look so camp.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.