Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doc Martens and what to wear with them? (Male) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaceyThe)
    Not forgetting the good ol' Nazi skin-head look, a la:

Are you sure you want to buy Doc Martins?!

Edit: Just seen what that picture is advertising, hahahaha!:rofl2: I swear I found it on page 4 of a google image search your honour!
    nice choice of pic:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    er......"aryan wear"?
    LOL, didn't even notice that ****.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know what they looked like before looking at this thread, but now I see that they're unbelievably ghey. How the **** can you wear them?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    ditto this. If you can't decide how to get dressed yourself you need some help :p:

I'm not massive fan of docs on blokes tbh, I like long ones on women but that's about as far as it goes.
    You've blatantly given the best advice so far.

ReputationRep:
    DM's are lush, buy them in red and wear them with everything. DO IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I didn't even know what they looked like before looking at this thread, but now I see that they're unbelievably ghey. How the **** can you wear them?!
    It seems unanimous that docs are a poor choice. I should give up and buy a hat like yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morzor)
    It seems unanimous that docs are a poor choice. I should give up and buy a hat like yours.
    Sounds like a plan :yy:

Allow that

ReputationRep:
    guys + docs + black jeans + band tee = DROOL.

:love:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly, your girlfriend is an NPC.
    Non-Player Character? Clearly your boyfriend likes effete lady-boys.

ReputationRep:
    Best bet; don't wear them at all.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    At the minute, my wardrobe is pretty much purple (T's anyway). Erm, slim/skinnyISH jeans, only really one baggy pair (i need SOMETHING to go with my DCs).

But yeah, purple purple purple. Grim because the purple docs look so camp.
    Ok having looked on the site I figure your best bet is a 10 or 14 hole in either cherry red or 'oxblood quilon' whatever that means *sounds dim* black probably won't help if you're trying not to look too skinhead...but brown might be too plain for what you want...and other colours such as white might look too feminine...the cherry will be more difficult to match with your purple, but the oxblood is more expensive and is much brighter...which might not be something you'd like...
    In terms of height the 10's would be good, but don't make for such a statement boot...depends what you're going for, whether you want the boot to be the main focus of your outfits (14) or whether you want to be able to boots on with anything and have them blend in to the background (10).
    But yes the clothes you already own would go well with either of those boots I reckon

ReputationRep:
    You've blatantly given the best advice so far.
    oh come on, you're really exited about buying some boots that you actually can't think of anything to wear with?

When I said I don't like them on blokes I didn't mean don't get them, just that I don't have any suggestions of what to wear them with.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    And i thought we'd spend the rest of our lives together

Nah cheers for the pics.. erm.. except the homeless and camp ones :|

Im thinking, skinny jeans, black leather jacket, offensive tee, and beads beads beads. Lets go for punk rocker goth chic.

Im so gay.
    Go with that! As the proud owner of 7ish pairs of docs, it's always best to go with either the punkish gothish look or the Robert Smith look :yep:

I live in black tops, skinny jeans and my (delete are appropriate :o:) black/silver and sparkly /red platform/red shoes/black shoes/pink boots and little "air conditioned" black 8 holes which are so old they have holes everywhere

I look like the 80s chewed me up and spat me out and I clearly wish I was a boy. Boys dressed in good jeans + band tees + docs = weak at the knees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ok having looked on the site I figure your best bet is a 10 or 14 hole in either cherry red or 'oxblood quilon' whatever that means *sounds dim* black probably won't help if you're trying not to look too skinhead...but brown might be too plain for what you want...and other colours such as white might look too feminine...the cherry will be more difficult to match with your purple, but the oxblood is more expensive and is much brighter...which might not be something you'd like...
    In terms of height the 10's would be good, but don't make for such a statement boot...depends what you're going for, whether you want the boot to be the main focus of your outfits (14) or whether you want to be able to boots on with anything and have them blend in to the background (10).
    But yes the clothes you already own would go well with either of those boots I reckon
    Tbh i thought cherry red was more the skin head colour, its what i most commonly see with the 3/4 camos and green bombers. I want them to be the focus, so i think i already knew i was going to get the 14s. Im defo getting them iv decided. Just what colour and what clothes to spend the rest of my birthday money on :|

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, you're really exited about buying some boots that you actually can't think of anything to wear with?

When I said I don't like them on blokes I didn't mean don't get them, just that I don't have any suggestions of what to wear them with.
    I think OP is going to wear them with a big, black, butt-plug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    The Tired Busker:

David Jason :O with a beard!

ReputationRep:

... I'm pretty sure i suggested something i should wear (skinnys, leather jacket etc). I would simply like to hear other people's opinion, thats all. So spit one out and jog on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    There are gay skinheads. And real skinheads ain't no nazis or racists.
    My apologize.:p: Must admit I don't know much (anything?!) about skin-head culture except for scenes from "This Is England."

(Original post by vin)
    nice choice of pic:lolwut:
    Cheers lol. Didn't see it when I first inserted the image in my message, but it's a funny pic so what the hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I think OP is going to wear them with a big, black, butt-plug.
    Well, give it back when you're ready.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.