Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doc Martens and what to wear with them? (Male) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morzor)
    ... I'm pretty sure i suggested something i should wear (skinnys, leather jacket etc). I would simply like to hear other people's opinion, thats all. So spit one out and jog on.
    in all honestly, I've been drinking. I only read the first post, in which you mentioned nothing of skinny jeans or jackets. all I read was "I have no sense of style but I want to buy these boots because they're the thing I'm meant to wear as a rebellious youngster. tell me how to do it and remain fashionable."

my suggestion is get long red ones. wear them with whatever the hell you normally wear. be yourself with your own sense of style.

and yes, I'm sure I've just been offensive. apologies. rep away.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tbh i thought cherry red was more the skin head colour, its what i most commonly see with the 3/4 camos and green bombers. I want them to be the focus, so i think i already knew i was going to get the 14s. Im defo getting them iv decided. Just what colour and what clothes to spend the rest of my birthday money on :|
    Ah I see...I was trying to match the boots to your current clothes :giggle: and ah see what you mean...but if you wore them with a purple t-shirt and skinny jeans with your hair (again assuming that's you in the picture) you're definitely not going to look like a skin-head. I say good choice with the 14 holes though :yep:
    If you're buying new clothes you could go with black boots (although bear in mind how expensive the boots are ) keep the skinny jeans (just so you can show the boots off) I'm thinking leather jacket (again an expensive piece of clothing) so until you get one some sort of black jacket, you can probably go with something baggy...although anything from blazer through to hoody will do depending on your preference...you could wear the black boots with your current t-shirts but if you're splashing out maybe some more in plainer colours...just with awesome designs.
    As you said the black boots would go with anything...there are so many different looks you can do so you could pretty much buy anything you like the look of :yep: so if you're undecided go with black...or if you want to enhance what you have already go with one of the shades of red...which I still think would be awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    in all honestly, I've been drinking. I only read the first post, in which you mentioned nothing of skinny jeans or jackets. all I read was "I have no sense of style but I want to buy these boots because they're the thing I'm meant to wear as a rebellious youngster. tell me how to do it and remain fashionable."

my suggestion is get long red ones. wear them with whatever the hell you normally wear. be yourself with your own sense of style.

and yes, I'm sure I've just been offensive. apologies. rep away.
    Yes. I want to show im so rebellious with a pair of doc martens. You have me to a T.

Hows life anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ah I see...I was trying to match the boots to your current clothes :giggle: and ah see what you mean...but if you wore them with a purple t-shirt and skinny jeans with your hair (again assuming that's you in the picture) you're definitely not going to look like a skin-head. I say good choice with the 14 holes though :yep:
    If you're buying new clothes you could go with black boots (although bear in mind how expensive the boots are ) keep the skinny jeans (just so you can show the boots off) I'm thinking leather jacket (again an expensive piece of clothing) so until you get one some sort of black jacket, you can probably go with something baggy...although anything from blazer through to hoody will do depending on your preference...you could wear the black boots with your current t-shirts but if you're splashing out maybe some more in plainer colours...just with awesome designs.
    As you said the black boots would go with anything...there are so many different looks you can do so you could pretty much buy anything you like the look of :yep: so if you're undecided go with black...or if you want to enhance what you have already go with one of the shades of red...which I still think would be awesome
    You've been quite the help! And your even a pirate! Yeah thats my mug in the pic. Yeah i have a brown leather jacket, but i want a proper decent black one. Nah my dads buying me the boots for my 20th next month Its amazing how much money you can save in prison.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You've been quite the help! And your even a pirate! Yeah thats my mug in the pic. Yeah i have a brown leather jacket, but i want a proper decent black one. Nah my dads buying me the boots for my 20th next month Its amazing how much money you can save in prison.
    A sky pirate :cool: And ta A black leather Jacket would be awesome, but whichever colour of boots you choose will look awesome with the brown aswell :yep: brown jacket, the boots, any t-shirt and a pair of sunnies and you've got a summer look...maybe the black jacket'll be something to save towards in future :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I so want a pair but I'm too tall... for the boots that is. Not without :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfranny)
    I so want a pair but I'm too tall... for the boots that is. Not without :P
    How tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you?
    6'4

ReputationRep:
    Black jeans, of which I prefer skinny/slimish ones. Whatever you want on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfranny)
    6'4
    I saw a skin head (blatant skin head, camos, suspenders, bomber jacket.. oh and a bald head) who TOWERED me, and actually suited docs. Im 6ft, he must of been 6'5 without a shadow of a doubt. Go for it. We can start a bug crushing bromance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.