Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ybuffness)
    wat uni's did u apply 4 nd have you got a place?
    essex -conditional
    lancaster -awaitin reply
    leicester -awaitin reply
    coventry -awaitin reply
    UWE-awaitin reply

sent my app off around a week ago so i hopeful that i get some more offers

ReputationRep:
    A language? Geography? Business? Biased much

ReputationRep:
    Computing could be worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    oo lol thats nice 2 hear
    is the workload alot or is it alright to balance?
    MAKE SURE you do some H/W everyday so you have time to understand the ideas in physics for the exams, and there're subtopics involving logs and like negative powers which is y its helpful to study maths!! ...so its not alot of work if you do a little bit daily... Economics is not as lengthy as a heavy workload subject like business because there isn't coursewrk (but maybe for new specification...) however, is recognised more or less as on par with a science, generally, for its math content...(and yes it is math as an abbreviation and yes Im British not American...I mean why add an s at the end??) overall its a decent combination of subjects, but if ur up for some hard work for great opportunities later on in lifethen do another science like chemistry. also get a efficient tutor, dont listen to mates who say "ahhh thats too hard, dont do that!!" cos anything is easy if you give urself enough time to understand it. Good luck and don't mess it up! (...mainly by hanging around with idiots of which you'll find out after which the effects have ruined ur edu. or anyone for that matter if u get influenced easily.) trust me...

ReputationRep:
    how about religious studies?
    thats regarded well and its interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelwicks2711)
    Good luck and don't mess it up! (...mainly by hanging around with idiots of which you'll find out after which the effects have ruined ur edu. or anyone for that matter if u get influenced easily.) trust me...
    aww thank you
    everything you said is true and i'm really going to consider it
    oo btw was subjects do u do?

ReputationRep:
    aww thank you
    everything you said is true and i'm really going to consider it
    oo btw was subjects do u do?
    Oh, I do A level Physics, Math, Economics and an ExtendedProjectQualification (longish essay thing) which is equiv. to an AS level. Applying to read physics at uni for 2010...

ReputationRep:
    also if u wanna do say perhaps medicine u need chemistry so its best to do a 'proper' subject like chemistry, ull thank me later haha x

ReputationRep:
    i reckon you should do as many maths modules and maths courses as possible...as well as chemistry A level and maybe some more
    even if you have lots of official commitments other than academic work, you'll probably still have lots of spare time...I know I've had far too much over the last year and a half, and it's terrible to be hanging around: you just get bored, frustrated and unhappy. even 5 A levels isn't really enough work to keep you busy...well maybe that depends on subjects but if you're avoiding essay ones, it probably won't be enough.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.