Turn on thread page Beta

Any Pearl Jam fans here? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just curious. If you are what are your favourites songs and albums?

ReputationRep:
    Ten in an amaaaazing album. Garden is my fave track.

ReputationRep:
    Ten is my favourite also, and mine is Alive. Pearl Jam is the best band of the 90s, without a shadow of a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    I only really like "Alive" and a few other tracks off "Ten" are fine too, so not a fan.

ReputationRep:
    Yesyesyes! Ten and Porch is my favourite song.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome . And PJ is THE greatest band ever. Listen to Vs. and Vitalogy people.

ReputationRep:
    Love love love love them. Seen them 11 times in just over 3 years (best live band around for sure), and really annoyed I can't see them on tour this summer. :'(

Would rank the albums (at the moment)...

Vs
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    No Code
    Ten
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Pearl Jam
    Backspacer

Favourite song at the mo would be Pilate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big fan. Love Ten and their Unplugged stuff <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Just curious. If you are what are your favourites songs and albums?
    :yep: Yush. I like all the obvious ones though. Jeremy is disturbing but brilliant, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Release is one of my favourite songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InquilabZindabad)
    Yesyesyes! Ten and Porch is my favourite song.

:woo:
    OMG A Porch lover finally!

All the songs are good but I find the people annoying who say only alive and even flow are good or something.

ReputationRep:
    Ten is one of the best albums ever. I looove even flow! And Once is pretty awesome too

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a massive Pearl Jam fan when I was 11-16 but not so much anymore. In fact, I haven't listened to them in about 6 years!

ReputationRep:
    Down, Hitchhiker, Garden, Porche, Deep, Once.

<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    OMG A Porch lover finally!

All the songs are good but I find the people annoying who say only alive and even flow are good or something.
    I find that annoying. How rude :mad:

Those songs are good, you don't need to be some super devoted fan to work that out. Alive, Evenflow and Jeremy made Pearl Jam into the superband that they became. To find people who like those epic songs annoying is just a little bit too much of the old elitist fan going on there! They made the band, I like Porch too, but Alive, for me, is just better. I am sorry you find that annoying.

For example, my favourite band is Metallica, and my favourite song is Fade to Black, that was never that successful in the charts, and really it was album only, but I am not going to criticise others for preferring Puppets or Nothing Else Matters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)

Those songs are good, you don't need to be some super devoted fan to work that out. Alive, Evenflow and Jeremy made Pearl Jam into the superband that they became. To find people who like those epic songs annoying is just a little bit too much of the old elitist fan going on there! They made the band, I like Porch too, but Alive, for me, is just better. I am sorry you find that annoying.

For example, my favourite band is Metallica, and my favourite song is Fade to Black, that was never that successful in the charts, and really it was album only, but I am not going to criticise others for preferring Puppets or Nothing Else Matters!
    Spot on with both parts. I share the love for Fade to Black too, although I prefer Welcome Home(Sanitarium).

Personally I admit I haven't delved into Pearl Jam past Ten but still that is one great album. 90's grunge was fantastic in general tbh, one of my favourites genres.

ReputationRep:
    I love PJ........... :yep: seen em twice, at reading and the o2, I was quite obsessed at one point actually. I love almost everything they've done

Bit disappointed with the last two though personally although I seem to be in the minority there

Oh Eddie Vedder's solo album is amazin as well :yep:

(Original post by gbduo)

For example, my favourite band is Metallica, and my favourite song is Fade to Black, they never released that, and it is album only, but I am not going to criticise others for preferring Puppets or Nothing Else Matters!
    Lol he's saying people who think only the popular songs are any good are annoying, which is fair enough tbh, PJ have released so much great material, they probably haven't listened to their other 12 albums or bothered to get into them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardog32)
    I love PJ........... :yep: seen em twice, at reading and the o2, I was quite obsessed at one point actually. I love almost everything they've done

Bit disappointed with the last two though personally although I seem to be in the minority there

Oh Eddie Vedder's solo album is amazin as well :yep:

Lol he's saying people who think only the popular songs are any good are annoying, which is fair enough tbh, PJ have released so much great material, they probably haven't listened to their other 12 albums or bothered to get into them.
    Oh, my bad. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    State Of Love And Trust
    Black
    Once
    Nothing Is As It Seems
    Gonna See My Frined
    Better Man
    Do The Evolution
    Corduory

Eddie Vedder is in my top five favourite singers.

ReputationRep:
    I am a total aficionada. They are just amazing and so bohemian. Nirvana were and still are great as well. But taking into consideration, PJ have lasted much longer and they are much better anyways! My fave songs are evenflow and jeremey! Top Notch...perhaps we shall campaign for them to have a Christmas no.1 just like rage against the machine...it would make simon cowell so exasperated. Ha-ha!:woo:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.