Turn on thread page Beta

my friend who I shot down is being cold to me watch

ReputationRep:
    I have two sets of thoughts on it,...
    A. he shouldnt be acting like a child and being cold to me
    (but he might not know hes doing it)
    or
    B. I did say no to going out with him so I can see why hes reacting like this

which do you think is right?

ReputationRep:
    You did say no to going out with him so it's pretty easy to see why he's reacting like this given that he doesn't have the maturity to deal with it, and thus is acting like a child.

ReputationRep:
    B. His ego has taken a massive hit, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    definatly B! =)

ReputationRep:
    He is no longer your friend. Unfortunately, from past experiences, I am able to fairly safely say that your relationship will never be the same. He will continue to feel awkward around you, and avoid you as much as possible. Hence, the 'coldness'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tardisode)
    or

B, or you lead him on subconsciously and he thinks it was unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDreaming)
    He is no longer your friend. Unfortunately, from past experiences, I am able to fairly safely say that your relationship will never be the same. He will continue to feel awkward around you, and avoid you as much as possible. Hence, the 'coldness'.

any ideas how to fix it

Maybe it's just because you were being a Tard, to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    B. His ego has taken a massive hit, what do you expect?
    hes abit shy so could that have made it worse?

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened with me and a guy. Just give him some space for a while.

ReputationRep:
    hes abit shy so could that have made it worse?
    Yep probably. If he really worked up the courage to ask you out/tell you that he likes you he's probably incredibly embarrassed that he ever dared to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    or

I'm guessing since you're bothered that he's acting like a child you're good friends. Just speak to him, tell him that you don't want this to ruin your relationship as friends because you value the friendship with him too much to let something stupid get in the way. If he's still a **** after that then i'd say let it go i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FootPrints)
    Same thing happened with me and a guy. Just give him some space for a while.
    did it turn out ok?

ReputationRep:
    any ideas how to fix it
    Well, as I said, I doubt you will ever be able to 'fix' it completely. But I'm sure over time, the awkwardness will fade away somewhat. It really depends on the type of person he is to determine exactly how long this will take. Just act as though the whole thing never happened, so that he's able to get over it quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Well you shot him, no wonder he's cold, he's probably dead :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He's maybe crushed? I know I would be if my girl+friend(emphasis on the +) turned me down, which is why I'm scared of asking her.

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised, since you shot him he or she probably feels cold too! Here, cover them with a nice warm blanket. *gives*

Cold-Blooded Pro? I would use a heartbeat sensor then, if they don't have Ninja on that is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverDreaming)
    Well, as I said, I doubt you will ever be able to 'fix' it completely. But I'm sure over time, the awkwardness will fade away somewhat. It really depends on the type of person he is to determine exactly how long this will take. Just act as though the whole thing never happened, so that he's able to get over it quicker.
    one of the problems is we share the same group of friends so we see each other everyday and one of our friends keeps joking about it tbh I just want to strangle the joker because he embarressing me, I cant imagine what its doing to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    He's maybe crushed? I know I would be if my girl+friend(emphasis on the +) turned me down, which is why I'm scared of asking her.
    Any idea how he feels?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.