Turn on thread page Beta

my friend who I shot down is being cold to me watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tardisode)
    Any idea how he feels?
    I don't know, depends how he felt about you. At a guess he feels inadequate, probably trying to work out whether he can cope with being around you without feeling hurt...

ReputationRep:
    one of the problems is we share the same group of friends so we see each other everyday and one of our friends keeps joking about it tbh I just want to strangle the joker because he embarressing me, I cant imagine what its doing to him
    Speak to the 'joker' in private and tell him to stop trying to make jokes about it as its making your relationship awkward. Im sure he'll stop, if he has any sense of decency.

ReputationRep:
    Put yourself in his position. You've been shot down, it kinda hurts a bit so you withdraw to avoid the pain. Anyone would do the same.

ReputationRep:
    C. Maybe he's avoiding you intending the best for you and for him.

He doesn't want to be rejected again, nor does he want to mess you about with his unwanted attentions towards you.

Depends on what you define as cold, tbh. I was rejected by a really close friend of mine who I developed feelings for after she gave me a lot of signs. The fact it was initiated by her initially made it a lot more difficult to take. She was the one being cold with me though and that really pissed me off because it was like she had time for everyone else but me. I kept making contact, saying we should for a drink etc. almost to prove we could go back to being good mates and that it wasn't awkward. In hindsight though, I was hung up on her and just wanted to spend as much time with her as possible, almost in a weird attempt to win her back and convince her to change her mind.

It's tough and in hindsight I would say to avoid either person getting hurt ,some distance is best.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    B. His ego has taken a massive hit, what do you expect?

Agreed. What do you want him to do? Be a ***** and treat you nicely? It's up to him how he treats you now; he has nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

All in my opinion of course.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you simply didn't like him in that way and you honestly just said no because of it then maybe he's just upset.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you use a gun on him! people go cold when they die...

ReputationRep:
    did it turn out ok?
    Well it wasn't that long ago so it's still quite awkward and I don't talk to him as much Just got to give it time I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    hes abit shy so could that have made it worse?
    Congratulations, you've now consigned a harmless nice young man to even deeper pools of doubt and lack of confidence with romantic dealings with the 'fairer' sex.

Nah you cant be forced to like a guy but seriously, you've upset him, so leave him be.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.