Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paedo's are treated too harshly. Agree? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    Another thing: If paedophiles are "the worst of the worst", its saddening they don't get the "respect" that murderers get once released. If they are going to be "the worst of the worst" they should at least have an aura of intimidation associated with them. unfortunately this is not the case.

"Why were you in prison"
    "I murdered someone with my bare hands"
    "...Wow" *intimidated*

compared to

"Why were you in Prison"
    "I fiddled with some kids with my bare hands"
    "hahaha dude you are sick"
    What a load of boll ocks.

(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    IMHO, paedophiles suffer from a mental illness. They need to be helped
    Where does this line of thinking end?

I used to enjoy eating crayons when I was younger. Did I have a "mental illness"?

I like to lift weights regularly, in the process occasionally damaging my body, do I have a "mental illness"?

What is a mental illness? Just because someone thinks a certain way does not mean they are "ill". One is responsible for their own actions. Always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Did you really just compare fruit to paedophiles? :p:
    Well I was gonna say penguins/birds....

Regardless, I wasn't comparing them. Merely using the analogy to demonstrate that the most prolific members of a group are not necessarily an accurate representative of all other group members.

(Original post by FuzzyDunlop)
    Well I was gonna say penguins/birds....

Regardless, I wasn't comparing them. Merely using the analogy to demonstrate that the most prolific members of a group are not necessarily an accurate representative of all other group members.

Lol...I was kidding man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    IMHO, paedophiles suffer from a mental illness. They need to be helped and cured primarily, even if they've committed an offence, although obviously if they have committed an offence then they need to be treated in a secure location.
    How utterly ridiculous. Do you therefore suggest that every person who carries out a crime be committed simply because they suffered a compulsion to perform the crime at the time of the offence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I'd just recommend you don't rape any kids.
    Possibly the best advice you could give in any situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -F-)
    How strong is the evidence for the gay gene? Tbh, this is the first I've heard of a paedo gene. I wonder if in the future if scientists were able to provide solid evidence for the supposed 'gay' and 'paedo' genes, how it would change peoples perceptions especially of paedos (if at all?) and the way both minorities are treated.
    I know, for example, of this study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...t=AbstractPlus

As for the 'gay gene', I don't know if that has gained any more evidence recently. Hopefully someone else on here with knowledge of these subjects can help. I'd be guessing if I tried to go any further than what I picked up from random news articles..

But it is very interesting to consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tremour)
    Possibly the best advice you could give in any situation.
    Unless the situation was mid-rape, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    they can be banned from using the internet <-- a human right.
    The internet is a privelege, and one that most people take for granted, not a right.

And I can't take you seriously if you're using the "intentional logical fallacies" (aka trollface) in your sig.

Twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    The internet is a privelege, and one that most people take for granted, not a right.
    Twice.
    Jesus Christ, I can't believe somebody just called not being able to use the internet a denial of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tremour)
    Jesus Christ, I can't believe somebody just called not being able to use the internet a denial of human rights.
    Yeah, tell me about it.

ReputationRep:
    They should be forced to spend the rest of their lives in a prison cell too small to stand up/lie down in and routinely ****** up every day for the rest of their lives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    They should be forced to spend the rest of their lives in a prison cell too small to stand up/lie down in and routinely ****** up every day for the rest of their lives
    Prisons are for reform, not for torture. You aren't supposed to spend a period of time in prison, like some purgatory to wash away your sins, you are there to rehabilitate.

When a child hits you, you don't teach them a lesson by hitting them.

ReputationRep:
    What i find more worrying than the worst child molester on earth are the people who cry for their blood. The absolutely deranged psychotic fantasies these "avengers" think up is pretty disturbing (take a look around on some facebook groups for example). I'd rather have a paedophile living in my street than a "moral" maniac who would string me up from a lamppost for looking at their kids for a moment too long.

ReputationRep:
    I believe paedos have an innate attraction to children. I agree with the beardy weirdies they cannot help it which is why they must be kept away from children permanently.

I think the ones who voluntarily surrender should be placed in a remote settlement, with like minded people,a bit like alcatraz although with better conditions. However those who make a choice to act on their impulses must be taken out .A number if the doctors want can be kept in top secure mental institutions, for examination and possibly ways to treat it, but if they escape the medical staff involved would be punished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    What i find more worrying than the worst child molester on earth are the people who cry for their blood. The absolutely deranged psychotic fantasies these "avengers" think up is pretty disturbing (take a look around on some facebook groups for example). I'd rather have a paedophile living in my street than a "moral" maniac who would string me up from a lamppost for looking at their kids for a moment too long.

Really, so you think those who rant about nonces are worse than those who hurt children..... Their is a party in Holland I believe you can join where you will find like minded people .

Iam not a fan of a mob, but the real culprits here are the powers that be who will not deal with child molestors and abusers properly and publically. Often because they suffer from a mental disorder called liberalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    Would you really rather have a paedophile living on your street if he raped your children? probably not....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    I have a particulary strong interest in adult women, I'm therefore more likely to rape an adult woman (than say a adult man or a cat), this is also a heinous crime.

Funnily enough, 90% of men also have a particulary strong interest in adult woman as I do, and therefore I'm not judged negatively for it.
    That's the problem, it's only a probability. And we are talking about children here, not just standard adult heterosexual/homosexual relationships.

ReputationRep:

Why not

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to learn what the difference between a paedophile and a child molester is.

Edit: It's been mentioned already

ReputationRep:
    hug a hoodie and cuddle a child molester.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.