Hi I was wondering if this is the correct way of using the spherometer.
1. Making sure the the 0 of circular scale lines up with 0 of the vertical scale.
2. Find the length of legs and find mean length.
3. place spherometer on top of the curved lens with the curved surface placed up or is it placed down? A bit muddled...
4. Rotate the spherometer until the central leg just touches the tip of the surface of the lens, note the reading with the central scale conincidining with vertical scale.
5. Then place spherometer on a flat surface and take the reading again and find difference in the flat reading to the curved reading to find the radius using the formula.
Thanks for any correction/help.
Turn on thread page Beta
Using the spherometer watch
- Thread Starter
- 18-01-2010 23:07
- 19-01-2010 09:40
This might help
You place the spherometer on top of the surface of the lens you wish to measure the curvature of.
You measure the distances as shown in the link.
Some spherometers may look different from the one shown.