Turn on thread page Beta

calling TSR: need HELP! a case you've NEVER seen before watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay this calls for an edit.

I'm living in London, UK, currently 17.
    He's living in Pueblo, Colorado, currently 19.

We met in 2005 on the 5th of May, I was 12, he was 14. And we just did that thing where you talk and talk and you never stop. Every spare minute of my day was dedicated to conversation with him. Of course you'd describe that as the "high" when you first meet someone new, a crush if you will... I really enjoyed it. I went back to China that summer for 6 weeks and I missed him terribly. I told him I "liked" him on June 20th, before I left. He didn't respond much. I thought that was that.

Then on February 2006, he told me he loved me. He loved me. Can you imagine? From there we spawned the most beautiful relationship...

We had our rough patches, obviously. Ups and downs, taking breaks, getting back together, arguing, resolving those fights... He sent me a silver promise ring, one of two, and he wore one and I wore one. I swear I haven't taken it off since the day I got it, September 2007.

Even though we had times when we wouldn't talk to each other for months on end, I still wore this ring and waited out. It was difficult, see, he's a Jehovah's Witness, and I'm an atheist (now agnostic). But we stuck it out. I've never been with another guy. He's my world.

We're gonna meet soon, for the first time. I know it's a long time, but, I'm so ******' excited. It's just been hard before, but now he's an adult, and supporting himself... we can do it.

The PROBLEM is:
    I'm turning 18 this year, and of course, heading off to university this autumn.
    And we all know university is crazy.
    To keep our relationship, he's gotta move over here, live in London, and maintain a job.
    And maybe sometime during my degree years we can get married. *yay*

However the ferkin' LEGALITIES are killin' me. There are like 4 different types of VISA, none of which really allow him to come and stay over here. It's RIDICULOUS.

And, okay, before you bash:
    -- no he isn't just using me to get the VISA, are you STUPID? this isn't some guy I just picked up in a chatroom last month. why the **** would a guy leading a perfectly good life in USA want to come and live in THIS dump? o_O
    -- yes we are actually in love. it's very easy to be in love with someone you've never met. you heard of IM? international calls? webcam? the depth at which you experience each others' personalities is something you can NEVER get in real life. I'm almost GLAD we fell in love having never met.
    -- if you can't help in any way, kindly move along.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand how people have partners theyv never met...

ReputationRep:
    Why are you going out with him if you've never met? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieSpedding)
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ask me once you've met.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    this smiley has never been more appropriate in the history of TSR

you're right, i have never seen this on TSR before...

ReputationRep:
    He's probably just using you for a Visa.

I fail to see how you can be in a relationship, claim to love and want to marry someone you've never met.

ReputationRep:
    hes lying about the VISAs just so he doesnt have to see you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieSpedding)
    I can,pretty much, i was with my girlfriend for 22 months before we first met. now we are in a fantastic, healthy relationship and she means the world to me.

OP, i reckon that, before you decide to commit to each other, to such an extent, you should meet properly. I know this is going a bit off topic, but over the internet is not the same as a full relationship, why doesnt he come over for a holiday before he decides to get a job and settle down. it would be best for both of you, i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    He's probably just using you for a Visa.
    cold :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen this on TSR before.

Didn't work out that time either.

ReputationRep:
    Love of your life and you've never met. :rolleyes:

I'll start typing a message for when you guys get divorced and you post a thread about it.

ReputationRep:
    Only on the TSR that these things happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    That is my face at this current moment...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how you know he's the love of your life if you've never even met him... what if he comes all the way out here and then there's no 'spark'?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should meet properly, before you plan your whole future together. However you feel about each other now, you've never met so you have no idea whether you'll get on in real life or whether there will be a spark between you.

I know nothing of visas, you probably need to get in touch with the Home Office or something.

I hope it works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    Please meet him first.

ReputationRep:
    Aw.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.