Turn on thread page Beta

How much does a guy care if you aren't a virgin? watch

Announcements

Reading the thread about the 20 year old virgin who does not want to tell her boyfriend, I can't help noticing how many guys there are saying that they would prefer it if their girlfriend was a virgin. Seriously, how much does it actually matter if she isn't? Probably a stupid question but considering what I've read I'd be interested what any guy has to say.

ReputationRep:
    I would venture to say that it really depends on the guy. I think the majority wouldn't care though.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a guy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a guy, but I think it would have something to do with the amount of sexual experience they themselves had actually had as to whether they would like a potential girlfriend to be a virgin or not.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter at all. Anyone who says they care... lies!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone worthy of your time wouldn't give a toss.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who cares is being ridiculous. If they're over the age of about 18 they really can't expect anyone they go out with to be a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid question. Some guys will care, most won't.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can't speak for us all, but I don't care!

When you think about it, having sex with a non-virgin saves on the awkward moments, atleast one of you knows exactly what you're doing!

haha

ReputationRep:
    It's nice as a special thing but it's not a make or break thing for most of us. I'm not too bothered, most everyone's got a history.

ReputationRep:
    Both has advantages, non-virgins have experience so the sex might be better but virgins can be 'moulded' by your own sexual techniques and theres something thrilling about taking someone elses virginity.

ReputationRep:
    if shes only a gf, then It wouldnt matter much, bet if I was to get married, then it matters alot

ReputationRep:
    It's alot easier if she's not a virgin tbh, less nerves on her part etc. But it's not the end of the world if she is, just have to be more sensitive towards her, which shouldn't be a problem at all if the guy is serious about a relationship.

All comes down to personal preference at the end of the day, some guys just like that feelings of taking her "trophy"..... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Reading the thread about the 20 year old virgin who does not want to tell her boyfriend, I can't help noticing how many guys there are saying that they would prefer it if their girlfriend was a virgin. Seriously, how much does it actually matter if she isn't? Probably a stupid question but considering what I've read I'd be interested what any guy has to say.
    Takes a lot of pressure off. But then, I'm a virgin too.

Lets flip this question. What do women think if men are virgins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)
    if shes only a gf, then It wouldnt matter much, bet if I was to get married, then it matters alot
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    If she was not a virgin, I'd have to tear my own **** off in rage. RAGE!

ReputationRep:
    if shes not a virgin and shes never been married

ReputationRep:
    Meh, i wouldnt really be interested in a virgin. Much rather have someone who knows what they are doing, can possibly show me a thing or 2, and we can get down and dirty!

ReputationRep:
    I'd muchmuch rather the girl to be a virgin, it takes a LOT of pressure off for both parties kind of, like for the males its like oh my god, im not her first what if she compares me, what if im not as good and just the general feeling of rejection. Although if your going to be the girls first its going to be a lot nicer, more nervey for herself and the guy but i'd hope the guy would make it as special as possible for the girl.

Hope my opinion helped (:

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer a non-virgin if I'm honest. I'm not really set for being 'the special guy' a girl loses her virginity with, I don't take relationships/commitments serious enough to be that guy so I avoid that emotional ride.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.