Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much does a guy care if you aren't a virgin? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a guy. But i think it shouldn't matter to the guy if he is mature enough. I mean again as some of you have mentioned it depends on the guy. It shouldn't matter in my opinion whether she's had sex or not but some people may have preferences to religion and other reason etc.

ReputationRep:
    Non-virgins are better as they don't break your ****, or burst into tears. Not cool.

But ultimately, no-one cares either way.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that most guys find girls offputting the more they've slept around, as a general rule. Most guys probably don't care if she's a virgin, as long as she doesn't put too much emphesis on it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If I had a girlfriend who was a virgin, i'd want her to be honest because I wouldn't hold that against her.

ReputationRep:
    My preference is more for someone self confident, fun and enthusiastic in bed, and wether they are a virgin or not doesnt really matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I cared, and in all honesty I don't think it can be as special if not. It's more important than a lot of things, I dunno why people are acting so surprised that guys consider it. It has nothing to do with immaturity, in fact it is a more mature approach to the whole topic. I don't believe that you can sleep around as much as you like and be offended that people might judge you on that fact. We judge people on much shallower criteria.

Obviously, as you get older that changes. And if you yourself aren't, you can't be picky in the matter.

ReputationRep:
    I think the guys preferring virgins are virgins themselves. It's understandable that if you're going to lose your virginity you want to do it with someone else also losing their virginity - that way it's special to both of you. I don't think I would have wanted to lose my virginity to a man who wasn't a virgin. No one wants the experience to mean more to them than it does to the other.

Being a virgin myself, I'd say losing it to another virgin would be a bonus, as it takes the pressure off, and eases any worries about STIs. I reckon most guys either see it as a bonus, or don't care at all. You won't find many guys nowadays who actually care about finding a virgin. We can't afford to be that picky, and it's a little hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me either way. People have sex, I'd be naive to want every girl I meet to be a virgin as they have probably met people before me if they're attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy that specifically wants a virgin is:

A: a virgin himself, pretty understandable
    B: a total control freak (stay clear)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    Any guy that specifically wants a virgin is:

A: a virgin himself, pretty understandable
    B: a total control freak (stay clear)
    C: Too immature to even be considering sex.
    D: A Muslim guy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure as long as you've not got anything contagious your sexual history is irrelevant.

Or at least that's how I look at things.

ReputationRep:
    A guy who only likes virgins exclusively is probably after a challenge...
    I feel like I shouldn't tell a guy about my sexual past because it will give him an indication of how likely it is that he'll get in my pants...
    Guys would probably prefer to say that they took a girl's virginity... It's like a conquest to them...

ReputationRep:
    The only men who expect all women they date to be virgins are:

A. Men who normally date girls under the age of 18 (so, men around the same age range, or creeps)
    B. Virgins
    C. Religious
    D. Misogynists

So unless you have a craving for one of the above types of men, not being a virgin is never going to pose a problem for you.

Hmm - it's clearly a very contentious subject...

Personally, and I'm a female, I love guys who are virgins! My friends all think I'm a psycho because I prefer it to quite a large extent, but it's mainly because I hate the thought of being compared to 'previous sexual conquests'. Having said that, I don't compare people myself, so I'm not sure why I think others would...

The thing with guys that are virgins is 'cause it's really special - it's not like a 'challenge' or anything weird like that, it's just nice to know that they value you that much...

With my ex, it nearly drove me insane that he'd had previous sexual partners. I know I've got to get over it though - as I get older, I'm fairly sure I'm going to have to start opting for non-virgins...

Either way, it's all down to personal opinion - I wouldn't think less of a guy whether he was or not, and I hope guys don't think that of me either - sexual history is a very personal thing and, whilst I, personally, think you should confide in each other if you're in a relationship and 'at that stage', it's up to the individual...

ReputationRep:
    I won't care at all. In fact I would probably feel better because I'm a virgin myself, at the grand age of 24. So it would excite me a bit, knowing that we were both first timers and it would be like an experiement lol. Like lots of 'omg, is that how we do it', 'is it in?', or 'how does it feel?'.

I think it would be ackward getting either of us to admit we are virgins in the first place though.

ReputationRep:
    sex = don't care
    sacrifices = massive importance

ReputationRep:
    Some virgins would probably prefer a fellow virgin to avoid feeling inadequate, but then again some of them might want to be directed haha! I wasn't a virgin when I met my boyfriend, he doesn't seem to have any problems with it. I think in our case it was kind of better, 'cause I wasn't that shy but he was super shy for the first few months of us going out!

It probably depends on the person. But if a guy is so insecure that he can't face facts you've been with someone else, its probably best to get rid of him early anyway. He's the kind that will think you're cheating when you're not, accuse you of flirting etc

ReputationRep:
    A virgin would be better but it wouldn't put me off.

ReputationRep:
    There's advantages and disadvantages of being a virgin.

Ad: more Special for the lady, like sharing first kiss sort-off meaning.

Disad: Arguably less special leading to the guy to not cherish or take responsibility afterwards.

But In general the guys don't think about it too much...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.