Turn on thread page Beta

People calling their babies after characters in Avatar watch

ReputationRep:
    wtf.. It wasn't even that good of a movie IMHO...I know it looked all pretty etc.. but it had such a stupid, linear storyline..

whatever, this thread isnt for bashing Avatar its for bashing the idiot parents..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...r-kiddies.html

ReputationRep:
    Uuugh ! THANKYOU - It was enjoyable, yes - but to be honest, I've seen almost indistinguishable effects at the IMAX cinema - and that was around 4 years ago. The storyline is flat and unimaginative; it would be shocking if it hadn't been dressed up in all the hype about the latest graphics technology etc. There is no meaning/moral to the story. There is nothing to consider once you've watched it. Yeah - by all means shove it on on a sunday evening, but don't award it best film of the year - shocking!

People are stupid :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, just read the second sentence - sorry i broke the cardinal rule - i just couldn't help it at the mention of the movie that must not be named....

Parents calling their kids after characters? Disgusting. 15 years on and they'll be looking at the definitions of their names (as we all have at some point) only to be met with some intergalactic trash about abnormally large blue people.

(Original post by Cat285)
    Uuugh ! THANKYOU - It was enjoyable, yes - but to be honest, I've seen almost indistinguishable effects at the IMAX cinema - and that was around 4 years ago. The storyline is flat and unimaginative; it would be shocking if it hadn't been dressed up in all the hype about the latest graphics technology etc. There is no meaning/moral to the story. There is nothing to consider once you've watched it. Yeah - by all means shove it on on a sunday evening, but don't award it best film of the year - shocking!
    It was Pocahontas.

There was plenty of meaning. :moon:

But for the most part, it was ******* trippy. :rofl2: I'd watch it again just for all the glowing ****. And tbh, I was engrossed for those 2.5 hours. I felt like I was there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    It was Pocahontas.

There was plenty of meaning. :moon:

But for the most part, it was ******* trippy. :rofl2: I'd watch it again just for all the glowing ****. And tbh, I was engrossed for those 2.5 hours. I felt like I was there.
    But to be fair, it's not the kind of movie that's going to be remembered in 10 years time - not like the classics. It's just not in the Star Wars league - and to be honest that's the league that stands the test of time with Sci-fi - nor is it a match on the computerised genius of Toy Story. I'd watch it again too - but there's just too much hype for too little substance.

Anyway - I think we've hi-jacked the thread - meant to be chastising ridiculous parents and their ridiculous choice of names for their wannabe Na'vi kids :L

(Original post by Cat285)
    But to be fair, it's not the kind of movie that's going to be remembered in 10 years time - not like the classics. It's just not in the Star Wars league - and to be honest that's the league that stands the test of time with Sci-fi - nor is it a match on the computerised genius of Toy Story. I'd watch it again too - but there's just too much hype for too little substance.

Anyway - I think we've hi-jacked the thread - meant to be chastising ridiculous parents and their ridiculous choice of names for their wannabe Na'vi kids :L
    I agree!

Oh, yes. How could you call your child Pandora? WTF?! :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be them, Avatar is a **** film.

ReputationRep:
    the world has gone mad. it wasn't that good.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, how sad are those parents.
    Poor kids, they're going to LOVE their parents when they start school. A boy called Toruk? Instant bullying. Some parents really don't think things through do they?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.