Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

theifs to be egged in the stocks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else agree that we should egg and throw tomatos at theifs who commit a crime. it's like asbos. their like a badge of honnour. if criminals were tortured then there would be much less crime so why dont they do it?

ReputationRep:
    i thought the point of stocks were that it was humiliating for them, most thieves now probably couldnt give a toss... besides it would breach their human rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    i thought the point of stocks were that it was humiliating for them, most thieves now probably couldnt give a toss... besides it would breach their human rights
    im sure they would if they televised it and pulled their pants down if that werent enough lol

ReputationRep:
    get in touch with mr.brown himself, or put a petition up on downing street website

ReputationRep:
    the human right actavists would say it's against their human rights to torture them which the majority of human rights they come up with are a load of crap and they are annoying people

would be good to have it like the good old days, bring back torture and humiliation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLEE_F)
    does anyone else agree that we should egg and throw tomatos at theifs who commit a crime. it's like asbos. their like a badge of honnour. if criminals were tortured then there would be much less crime so why dont they do it?
    What's wrong with prison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    the human right actavists would say it's against their human rights to torture them which the majority of human rights they come up with are a load of crap and they are annoying people

would be good to have it like the good old days, bring back torture and humiliation
    these people give theirs up when they impede on their victims if they egged someone they can expect something back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    What's wrong with prison?
    school of crime also these hoodys think their cool by going down

ReputationRep:
    clef is right, prison is basically a school of crime. too cushy.

ReputationRep:
    school of crime also these hoodys think their cool by going down
    So? Prison is still a pretty horrible place to live, and it keeps them off the streets.
    Edit: Misread school of crime bit. To be fair I think they'd still re-offend whatever you did. Some people have just been raised to think that behaviour is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    So? Prison is still a pretty horrible place to live, and it keeps them off the streets.
    have you been they have tv and ps2

ReputationRep:
    have you been they have tv and ps2
    That would keep me going for a while, but I think you can only know what the experience is like if you've been there.
    I absolutely hated being sent to boarding school with ****** meals at specific times of day, waking up at 7 whether or not you had lessons and 9 on weekends, a small room with little space to put my stuff, the heating is bad, the hot water doesn't always work. I just imagine not being able to leave a place even worse than that must be pretty bad. We were able to take trips into town, we had our own stuff, we were sometimes even allowed to the pub. Prison I'm sure is also even more regimented.
    For me its like 10 times all the bad aspects of boarding school, whereas we still had good aspects as well.

ReputationRep:
    That would keep me going for a while, but I think you can only know what the experience is like if you've been there.
    I absolutely hated being sent to boarding school with ****** meals at specific times of day, waking up at 7 whether or not you had lessons and 9 on weekends, a small room with little space to put my stuff, the heating is bad, the hot water doesn't always work. I just imagine not being able to leave a place even worse than that must be pretty bad. We were able to take trips into town, we had our own stuff, we were sometimes even allowed to the pub. Prison I'm sure is also even more regimented.
    For me its like 10 times all the bad aspects of boarding school, whereas we still had good aspects as well.
    oh you poor little thing

ReputationRep:
    oh you poor little thing
    I didn't ask for sympathy, I'm trying to say prison must be pretty ****.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't ask for sympathy, I'm trying to say prison must be pretty ****.
    well you've found sympathy.. how did you survive? it just sounds simply so awful. you're so brave.. to think this is still going on and you didn't even deserve it. 7o'clock you say? even on saturday?! and the water wasn't JUST the way you liked it? you poor thing i just hope it's better for you now mate and you have a room big enough to put all your precious things !

ReputationRep:
    Singular is thief, and plural is thieves. Sorry, but I had to do that, the title is driving me mad.

ReputationRep:
    well you've found sympathy.. how did you survive? it just sounds simply so awful. you're so brave.. to think this is still going on and you didn't even deserve it. 7o'clock you say? even on saturday?! you poor thing i just hope it's better for you now mate !
    Thanks, smart arse. I just know what its like to have restrictions on freedom, try it before you take the piss. The difference is, everything I hated about that life there is the norm for people in prison, they can't get out and talk to people and are stuck in with hundreds of other violent offenders who could attack them at any moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Singular is thief, and plural is thieves. Sorry, but I had to do that, the title is driving me mad.
    your rong

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, smart arse. I just know what its like to have restrictions on freedom, try it before you take the piss. The difference is, everything I hated about that life there is the norm for people in prison, they can't get out and talk to people and are stuck in with hundreds of other violent offenders who could attack them at any moment.
    i did try it once. my boiler broke and my water was slightly cold dw mate i know what it's like.

ReputationRep:
    i did try it once. my boiler broke and my water was slightly cold dw mate i know what it's like.
    isawwtyoudidthar:yep:

you aren't exactly arguing your point tbh, but hey, i can see where an argument isn't going anywhere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.