Turn on thread page Beta

I think i'm Dyslexic... Help? watch


    If you speak to the school they can usually test you if they believe you really are having difficulties, and then if the test was positive you'd go from there about the exam times. Speak to the head of year or the 'special needs co-ordinator' or similar, or if you don't know just ask a teacher who you like and they can point you in the right direction. And if you have real difficulty finishing exams in time consistently and your teachers deem it's holding back your potential I've been told you can sometimes qualify for a little extra time... but only in rare cases. You'd need to speak to exams office about that, and really try at just speeding up first. I used to never finish exams and underachieve because of it, but I just had to work at speeding up.

    Good luck!

    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think you should ask your doctor what they think.
    A booked appointment with a doctor can arrange a test for you.
    Also, mention it to your school that you think you're dyslexic, and are finding it difficult to complete an exam in the set time.
    Why are you anonymous? :rolleyes:
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.