Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are guys REALLY sex-mad? If so does this mean I have a chance with ANYONE? Watch

Basically the title. I'm 18 and at uni, first year and have come across the attitude from boys themselves that
    a) pulling is all that matters
    b) sex is purely physical and not emotional for guys
    c) and that they may ruin a good friendship for one night of fun with their good-looking female friends.

If guys really ARE this sex mad and want to jump any reasonably attractive female, does this mean that, as a reasonably attractive female, I basically have my pick of the bunch???

I've been a boyfriendless virgin all my life but other than that am quite normal; attractive, friendly, sociable, well-known etc...but I've always had the mindblock that guys would never go for me. I've been offered one night stands before but am not that keen on that and there are a couple of guys that I really* fancy in my hall and would love to pursue but thought they'd never take an interest in me (the most we've done is eye contact and stuff)....

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, you're asking if you have your pick of the bunch (the bunch being the sex mad one night stand guys?) but then you say you're not a ONS kinda gal...

What are you asking exactly?

ReputationRep:
    dont **** anyone from your halls, not a good idea

ReputationRep:
    If you are so good looking, they would have want to get to know you >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    dont **** anyone from your halls, not a good idea
    Do you speak from experience? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Not all guys are sex mad, I wouldn't put it that way...

If you think your attractive and your confident enough then I don't see whats stopping you from getting the lads.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm confused, you're asking if you have your pick of the bunch (the bunch being the sex mad one night stand guys?) but then you say you're not a ONS kinda gal...

What are you asking exactly?
    I don't like ONS but when I say that I can have my pick of the bunch I mean if guys are really sex-mad and attracted to a lot more girls than I thought, could they like me as more than a friend? Even if the liking for me originally only comes from them being purely attracted to me. Can it ever go from pure sexual attraction to really liking a girl is what Im asking....

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it can go from sexual attraction to really liking someone, but usually only when you get them interested and hold out from having sex until they get to know you and start to like you.

ReputationRep:
    No not all guys are sex crazed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't like ONS but when I say that I can have my pick of the bunch I mean if guys are really sex-mad and attracted to a lot more girls than I thought, could they like me as more than a friend? Even if the liking for me originally only comes from them being purely attracted to me. Can it ever go from pure sexual attraction to really liking a girl is what Im asking....
    Guys are all different. There'll be some that want a random shag and never see the girl again, others see girls for more than just a quick lay.

I think the problem here is, you thinking that you're gonna find a boyfriend by going to these sorts of social gatherings where the typical ONS guys tend to prey. Just because they find you attractive and want to shag you, doesn't mean they're gonna fall for you or even want to meet someone seriously.

I would suggest meeting some people, making friends and being introduced to people. I would say the likelihood of meeting a potential boyfriend whilst out on the lash would be fairly slim so you'd be better off making friends with people and doing it that way.

Basically, you just need some confidence in yourself. You seem to have quite low self asteem and by that I mean by thinking if a guy wants to sleep with you, you're in with a chance. Which, imo, is really quite sad. You should be thinking 'he's hot, I'll go and introduce myself' not 'he's looking desperate, he may like me'.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I only have sex in a relationship, fact!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Borek)
    This. - not gonna sleep with anyone - some men have standards geeze..:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well not every guy is sex mad, some actually do have to feel something for the girl over just pure raw attraction. You probably could get with almost any of them if a ONS was your goal... but if you are wanting more you will have to work harder for them.

And for me personally, I find confidence a major turn on, so just be confident and straight forward, if you want to have a relationship with one of these guys just remember that though playing games may make it more interesting, it also makes it less likely as they may give up...

There is a saying or something which goes like this (but obviously not 100% true but will get the idea across): Women need to fall in love to have sex, but men fall in love after sex...
    so gives a slight idea of how things may go depending on things... usually difficult to get a guy to like you close enough to love before actually doing anything sexual, but yea, good luck with whatever you are aiming to do

ReputationRep:
    They wont cheat on you for just being given to opportunity if that's what your asking.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Guys will have sex with any half decent looking Girl. They just need to ask and they will get a straight up YES !!

ReputationRep:
    No and no, basically. But if you are good looking / not unlikeable then you are more likely to get pure sex by approaching a guy than if the situation was reversed. As you are not into ONS, this is basically moot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Borek)
    I know a guy who guys by the name of geography-junkie for example :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geography-junkie)
    I know a guy who guys by the name of geography-junkie for example :p:
    Poor guy

:p:

ReputationRep:
    You have a chance with anyone, not because guys are sex mad (though men are attracted more to the visual). But being attractive just puts you on the radar, you have to play the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I only have sex in a relationship, fact!
    Because nobody outside of one will let you screw them?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.