Turn on thread page Beta

I have been rejected by Oxford!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    hi,I have been rejected by Oxford for Economics and management,as expected.....
    now I have 5 offers,mainly for management,which one would you go for??(for the name ,etc...)
    thanks very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    i got rejected by queen mary. can u believe it. i felt well dumb after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-dior)
    hi,I have been rejected by Oxford for Economics and management,as expected.....
    now I have 5 offers,mainly for management,which one would you go for??(for the name ,etc...)
    thanks very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    awww sorry to hear that....my post just arrived but still nothing from ox........this is killing me , i just wanna know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklLZz)
    lol
    oh well someone has to get rejected i suppose. wouldnt worry, i've heard its bit of a dump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklLZz)
    do not worry,maybe you can find a better one,for me,I personally would not go for queen marry(they asked the same grades as king's)!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    do not worry,maybe you can find a better one,for me,I personally would not go for queen marry(they asked the same grades as king's)!!!!!!!
    kings is way better than QM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    kings is way better than QM
    I would think so....wish you good luck in oxford!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I would think so....wish you good luck in oxford!!!!
    thanks.....i really hope i get in......u know King's was really nice, i was impressed with the waterloo campus ....have u been??

ReputationRep:
    thanks.....i really hope i get in......u know King's was really nice, i was impressed with the waterloo campus ....have u been??
    NO,I have not,and I wish I could go for an open day,would it be very expensive to live in London???

ReputationRep:
    yeh true, im way too dumb for kings anyway.

gonna stick to nott trent and beg someone to let me transfer later, *hope*, *pray*

ReputationRep:
    Just a question, maybe slightly beyond my boundaries....

If you applied for oxford, your grades must have been pretty goood. How come you didnt go for some of the other top unis? e.g LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bath... possibly nottingham? UMIST is probably best out of your choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)

If you applied for oxford, your grades must have been pretty goood. How come you didnt go for some of the other top unis? e.g LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bath... possibly nottingham? UMIST is probably best out of your choices
    I am regret for not applying for LSE,but it is too late.....
    just for the name,would you go for King's or UMIST??

ReputationRep:
    Kings tends to be a more recognised name if that is what you are looking for

Just wonderin' but what kind of grades do you need for Oxford i really would like to know, do you like have to have straight A's?

ReputationRep:
    NO,I have not,and I wish I could go for an open day,would it be very expensive to live in London???
    where do u live right now?! london is expensive.....i live in london but not central.....u should go to the open day though, i'm sure u'll like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)

lol, thats exactly what i was going to ask.....i reckon u would have got offers from nott and bath....cos i did for management.

ReputationRep:
    lol, thats exactly what i was going to ask.....i reckon u would have got offers from nott and bath....cos i did for management.
    it is just I do not like those cities.....
    it is too late to change mind though.....
    I live in Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmmmm)
    Just wonderin' but what kind of grades do you need for Oxford i really would like to know, do you like have to have straight A's?
    more than likely, but for most courses there will be a some with AAB.

average alevel score is 29.5

that means that for every 3 people with AAA there'll be one with AAB if my maths is right...but of course this ignores all the other criteria

but if you're predicted AAB ifs worth an application

ReputationRep:
    it is just I do not like those cities.....
    it is too late to change mind though.....
    I live in Bristol
    oh i c......well i can't understand y u applied to UWE and not actual Bristol......UWE doesn't suit ur brains and grades.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.