Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My UCAS application was processed on the 19th of December (bit late I know), now it's the 19th of Jan, I know that due to the Xmas holidays, and also the weather conditions my application may have been delayed in reaching the Universities, but I have not heard back from 3 of them at all, no Acknowledgements while from the 2 who acknowledged me have received offers from.

Is it too early to contact them, or should they have at least acknowledged my application by now?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anyone else who has gotten aknowledgements from those three universities? It may just be that they don't send out aknowledgements, so you won't hear from them till you get an offer/rejection. If you know of lots of other people who have heard from them, then I would probably contact them - though I assume that if the two other unis have received your application, those three will have as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    Hello,

My UCAS application was processed on the 19th of December (bit late I know), now it's the 19th of Jan, I know that due to the Xmas holidays, and also the weather conditions my application may have been delayed in reaching the Universities, but I have not heard back from 3 of them at all, no Acknowledgements while from the 2 who acknowledged me have received offers from.

Is it too early to contact them, or should they have at least acknowledged my application by now?

Thanks
    Yes, it is far too early to be chasing universities. That is something you don't need to day anyway. Lots of universities don't send out acknowledgements at all (Why should they? They know you know they got the application). Just be patient.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you apply? I have offers from UWE and Portsmouth and my app was sent on the 19th as well.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Newcastle, Portsmouth, Loughborough, Swansea and Reading, got offer from Newcastle, and got a interview for Portsmouth who have both acknowledged my application, that's why I was getting worried. Maybe they will wait until the UCAS deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    Maybe they will wait until the UCAS deadline?

They don't have to respond until 31 March, and even that is only an aspirational goal.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter from Swansea, maybe I was being impatient

ReputationRep:
    The only university that sent me an acknowledgement is the only one I havent heard back from! lol.
    so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough don't give out acknowledgements

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I got any acknowledgements, despite getting all 5 offers.

Seriously, what's the point? You know they've been sent the application (UCAS sends you a letter saying so), so why do you need them to waste their (and your) time sending you a pointless letter about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)

Seriously, what's the point? You know they've been sent the offer, so why do you need them to waste their (and your) time sending you a pointless letter about it?
    Not to mention wasting the money in a time of big cut-backs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Not to mention wasting the money in a time of big cut-backs.
    Quite. Although if it's an automated email rather than a posted letter that's not quite so big an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    Hello,

Thanks
    Don't worry yet mate Just give it time

Out of my five applications I got one acknowledgement, which to be honest I wasn't expecting as I had none of any my others.

Be patient, you'll get an offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get my offer for glasgow until late march last year - they were so slow that I'd missed one of the events they invite accepted applicants to by the time they actually accepted my offer...

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.