Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My college hasn't given study leave to the year 13's but they have given year 12's one week off.

I have 4 a level exams (i've done one so far) from the 14th of january to the 29th of january and I'm finding it really hard to go into college every single day at 8, coming home at 4, and still trying to find time to revise through the night. So I've been taking days off school to do full days of revision.
    1) Is that allowed? and
    2) When I phone up the school to say I won't be attending, what shall I say? that i'm studying off site? Or... the truth? But the truth is basically that I don't want to go to college during exam time. haha

1) No
    2) I would make up an excuse such as your ill.

But since every other pupil in the country manages I do not see why you should not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llothlorien)
    My college hasn't given study leave to the year 13's but they have given year 12's one week off.

I have 4 a level exams (i've done one so far) from the 14th of january to the 29th of january and I'm finding it really hard to go into college every single day at 8, coming home at 4, and still trying to find time to revise through the night. So I've been taking days off school to do full days of revision.
    1) Is that allowed? and
    2) When I phone up the school to say I won't be attending, what shall I say? that i'm studying off site? Or... the truth? But the truth is basically that I don't want to go to college during exam time. haha
    do you have psychology on the 29th? Snap! if you do:eek3:

EDIT: I am proud to say that, my school has given me the first three lessons off.....yay I'm free of physics :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No it's not allowed, but people do it.

My school has extra revision lessons timetabled during normal lessons so I can attend relevant lessons, but as long as your genuinely revising, then do what you want, during year 12 study leave - people don't really revise as such, while it would be good to have 'time off', I know I personally would work better at school.

Do you not have frees in which you can revise in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orihime)
    do you have psychology on the 29th? Snap! if you do:eek3:

EDIT: I am proud to say that, my school has given me the first three lessons off.....yay I'm free of physics :woo:
    yes I do! but next week I have 3 exams all in a row ahh

ReputationRep:
    yes I do! but next week I have 3 exams all in a row ahh
    Same day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    No it's not allowed, but people do it.

My school has extra revision lessons timetabled during normal lessons so I can attend relevant lessons, but as long as your genuinely revising, then do what you want, during year 12 study leave - people don't really revise as such, while it would be good to have 'time off', I know I personally would work better at school.

Do you not have frees in which you can revise in?
    Yeah that makes it a bit clearer now thanks. I revise more at home rather than in school as I put a lot more hours in. I have my own timetable and things. I'm still taking four subjects so I don't have many frees, and when I do, it's not good, but I get distracted and such. It's just not good.

ReputationRep:
    Same day?
    haha no no, I have Biology on the 25th, Chemistry on the 27th and Psychology on the 29th.. That whole week is going to be mad

ReputationRep:
    haha no no, I have Biology on the 25th, Chemistry on the 27th and Psychology on the 29th.. That whole week is going to be mad

Snap:yep: , snap:yep: and snap again:yep: ......Are you me, in some parallel dimension:eek: :eek3: :cool: ?

ReputationRep:
    Snap:yep: , snap:yep: and snap again:yep: ......Are you me, in some parallel dimension:eek: :eek3: :cool: ?
    haha how ironic! what do you want to do at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Should you not be revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Push)
    Should you not be revising
    oh yeah, crap I'm sorry haha

BYE.

ReputationRep:
    You're not allowed to do that and may get told off, but do it anyway and if they ask just say you was seriously ill. I've already taken 2 weeks off, I really don't give a **** about school.

ReputationRep:
    haha how ironic! what do you want to do at uni?
    medicine

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck with biology on the 25th you can claim illness i guess, but they may ask why you're in for an exam one day, then off the next, then back in again. and you've to be careful claiming illness during exam weeks anyway, some colleges investigate it due to the fact that if you're genuinely ill you can get an extra 15% added onto your exam mark

ReputationRep:
    we got the last week off - I think because of all the year 12 exams and the internals (I don't think there would have been space for us in school).
    We get to take the day before the exam and the day of the exam off.
    You could always go in to the lessons where you feel like you need the help from teachers and claim a dentist appointment or what not.. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    in my final year of uni about half the year were sceduled with all of their exams (4) in two days. one got moved to be later as the uni thought it unfail but still.

if youve still got lessons then youve still got stuff to learn so youre missing out but meh.

ReputationRep:
    ahh diddums..

ReputationRep:
    they gave 2 weeks each to lower and upper 6th form at ours
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't know of anywhere around here that gives January study leave You only have 4 exams so it shouldn't really make much difference

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.