Turn on thread page Beta

Tea and other Warmed Beverages watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do you like it?

I like my tea of the Earl Grey variety, with milk and half a teaspoon of sugar. No sugar if I'm having a chocolate Hobnob with it. What about you, chattees?

I do not drink tea, or other warmed beverages. Rare is the occasion when I will settle down into my armchair, warn and withered like a battered oak, with a mug of warm cocoa in my hands, its heat radiating through them, with its sweet aroma wafting into the air and drifting gently into my hairy nostrils.

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in your choice of cocoa, even if it is seldom chosen. While cocoa is a fine beverage, I believe hot chocolate (and tea, on that note) to be vastly superior.

(Original post by kuntimagee)
    I am interested in your choice of cocoa, even if it is seldom chosen. While cocoa is a fine beverage, I believe hot chocolate (and tea, on that note) to be vastly superior.
    I was trying to sound pretentious by saying 'cocoa'; it was, (I thought) synonymous with 'hot chocolate'.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you do not know enough about Warmed Beverages, dear JR. I hope this is a situation we can remedy. It won't be easy, but I am prepared to help. Kawfee? :p:

(Original post by kuntimagee)
    Clearly you do not know enough about Warmed Beverages, dear JR. I hope this is a situation we can remedy. It won't be easy, but I am prepared to help. Kawfee? :p:
    I am prepared to be taught if you are prepared to teach :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    The pleasure would be all mine. But the training is intensive, JR-san. I may have to come to Brighton. We make sacred pact. I promise teach Warmed Beverages to you, you promise learn. I say, you do, no questions.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.