Turn on thread page Beta

Bye-bye Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, i wasn't particularly impressed by the taste of Hershey's when i had it over in America, had the distinct cheap powdered taste like advent calendar chocolates do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how any of you like Hershey's chocolate. It tastes like sour baby farts. Cadbury's isn't great either but it's a thousand times better than Hershey's.

This is coming from an American btw.

ReputationRep:
    Dairy Milk isn't that great.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I remember in The Osbournes whenever Ozzy went back to the UK he brought LOADS of Cadbury's chocolate back to america with him cause he hated american chocolate lol. Bless him.

But yeah I don't like Hershey's either. Yuck. Foul tasting stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, Hersheys tastes like bitter ****. Sorry! :o:

Secondly, I don't see why Cadburys-eaters are upset at this takeover. The company is just changing hands, I doubt Kraft would alter Dairy Milk's winning formula, especially noting the debt they are in they could do with every risk-free penny they can get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonesy09)
    Cadburys will probably stop being fairtrade now as well, so Kraft save money.
    Good, I hate fair trade. Without fairtrade we get richer and the people we deal with remain poor, thus giving us the upper hand and increasing our prosperity.

Also, Hershey's tastes like crap; it's the kind of rubbish I'd expect Americans to like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonesy09)
    Cadburys will probably stop being fairtrade now as well, so Kraft save money.
    I heard that all Cadbury's Products are Kosher too.

But I doubt that Kraft will alter that seeing as their CEO is Jewish.

ReputationRep:
    Say hello to the all new kraft cheese egg :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Dairy Milk isn't that great.
    No, but its 'standard'. I agree though, I don't think there is much of a difference between it and Tesco own brand (not value, although value isn't terrible).

I think the people upset by this somehow think that Cadburys is a beautiful company which builds houses, churches and football fields for its employees. Quite an antiquated view of the firm, but shows how sucessful their marketing has been.

Its not like the name will be changed to 'Kraft Chocolate Factory' or anything that actually matters to the end product...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Say hello to the all new kraft cheese egg :awesome:
    Phew I hope so! I hope the sodding 'cream' egg dies.

ReputationRep:
    I know protectionism isn't something an open capitalist country really wants but on the other hand it is a bit naff to see all the "family silver" being sold off to foreign businesses that care nothing for a native brand's place in our national psyche and have no qualms with selling assets off, changing brand names and contents, firing off local staff and even shutting down things here altogether.

Plus I've read that Kraft are in a ****-ton of debt so I don't see why any self-respecting UK company would put themselves at the whim of what is by virtue of debt, a poorly run business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Phew I hope so! I hope the sodding 'cream' egg dies.
    I loves creme eggs :sad:

Just cause you dislike it, why do you want it to die? :dry:

Time to start panic buying them :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like chocolate anyway, but when I was in America the Heshey bar I had was pretty good; it tasted like an easter egg :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    American Chocolate is gunk? Ever had Hershey before?
    Hershey's is nice - I like the one with bits of cookie, but I can take it or leave it. Cadbury dairy milk is just something else :love:. That and galaxy = :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Er yes. So whats your point?

I love Hershey. Then again I love Galaxy.

But which is better?

There's only one way to find out......

Fight!!!
    Haha a Harry Hill fan... Legendary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    I loves creme eggs :sad:

Just cause you dislike it, why do you want it to die? :dry:

Time to start panic buying them :woo:
    Because of the white stuff inside, its like an American design that goo

The texture isn't smooth enough and just tastes weird...

lol panic buy cream eggs because the new owners will axe one of the best selling lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Hershey's is nice - I like the one with bits of cookie, but I can take it or leave it. Cadbury dairy milk is just something else :love:. That and galaxy = :coma:
    Yeah, well different strokes for different folks I guess.

ReputationRep:
    The reason American chocolate tastes like **** is because it's made with HFCS instead of real sugar, as HFCS is an infinitely cheaper ingredient.

HFCS is heavily regulated over here in Europe because it's so bad for you, so having it in a product here is almost unheard of. In fact almost all brands which use it in America, use sugar here instead because of those regulations, and that won't change because Kraft bought Cadbury. The Dairy Milk is safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moomin_love)
    Haha a Harry Hill fan... Legendary
    You are as well?

ReputationRep:
    Milka (Kraft) > every other piece of chocolate including Cadbury's so I don't care.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.