Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Milka (Kraft) > every other piece of chocolate including Cadbury's so I don't care.
    Yuckkkkk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonnyJim)
    Which they will seeming they're borrowing $7bn for the takeover, and will need to get the money back somehow...It's either bye-bye jobs, or bye-bye chocolate with flavour.
    What on earth makes you think that they will change the products that cadbury's are already producing?

ReputationRep:
    I had a Hershey Bar once; it was nice but quite sugary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    as long as they keep cadbury world open and don't change cadbury's chocolate, meh.
    yup too ryt

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they'll change the products.
    When Mars took over Wrigley the products stayed exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Milka (Kraft) > every other piece of chocolate including Cadbury's so I don't care.
    The only good thing Milka do is that bar with daim pieces in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    You are as well?
    Haha indeed I love him

ReputationRep:
    The only chocolate I eat is galaxy anyway :p:

But I would not like to see cadbury's change as, sad as it is, I have a wierd attachment to it. I think of this count nd I think of the weather and cadburys

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of Cadbury's has made me crave it. So I went and bought a big bar of whole nut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgoohan)
    Green & Blacks all the way.
    Guess who owns Green & Blacks?

It's owned by Cadbury

ReputationRep:
    Blame the monkey..

ReputationRep:
    noooooooooooooooooooooo

im going to miss cadbury the name and everything

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would write him a stern letter!

Hershey Bar Wiki page

It is chocolate.
    Wikipedia does not count as a valid reference source. Besides, it says that Hershey is 'chocolate-flavoured' rather than chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    I never liked Cadburys anyway, I don't tend to buy any of their products...

ReputationRep:
    Hershey's chocolate is absolutely disgusting, but then again I don't know why it came up as a topic of discussion - Kraft doesn't even make it.
    I'm not worried about the chocolate itself. Cadbury is a world famous chocolate with a huge market both in the UK and around the world - to change its recipes and/or discontinue some products would be suicidal for Kraft from a PR point of view, and simply doesn't make sense when the current product lines are making a £350 million+ profit for Cadbury.

What does worry me is the long term future of UK production. Kraft has been very coy on the 4,500 jobs in this country and doesn't seem to be making assurances on the long term future of them. It already has a lot of debt, and the fact that it had to sell one of its big North American arms to Nestle earlier this month to finance this takeover indicates it's getting into even more. At some point it's going to have to cut costs and save money to repay that debt, and looking for cheaper ways of making things is usually the first thing they look at.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I would write him a stern letter!

Hershey Bar Wiki page

It is chocolate.
    (Original post by Wikipedia)
    The Hershey bar (officially called "The Hershey's bar" by The Hershey Company) is the flagship chocolate-flavoured bar
    Like I said, chocolate flavoured.

ReputationRep:
    i <3 dairy milk! i hope they dont make any stupid changes, cadburys chocolate is yummy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    Nothing will change. They will lose customer loyalty if they fiddle around with things.
    I hope you are right, though I suspect we will see a price hike.
    I hope Kraft don't think "economies of scale" and make UK chocolate in the same batch as Yanks are used to.

Apparently it's all down to fineness of the grind.

Swiss and Belgian chocolate has the finest grain size of the cocoa solids, America has the coarsest. Not that that is wrong, just different.
    British chocolate is somewhere in between.

Then there's the proportion of cocoa solids in the chocolate. Cadburys has a very low cocoa content, and substitutes come other fats for some of the cocoa butter, where other companies use all cocoa butter. So Cadburys chocolate is not very chocolatey. But they have never claimed it is chocolatey, having consistantly advertised the high milk content of their milk chocolate over the years.

It is the high milk content that gives Cadburys its unique taste.

I guess Kraft won't change the formula for Cadburys for the UK market, though their "cheese" makes you wonder. What gets branded as Cadburys in other countries once Kraft own the brand is anyone's guess.

Green and Blacks was also owned by Cadbury, so I wonder what will happen there?

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit of a shame in a way...

They had better not get rid of the fairtrade alliance, thats what concerns me the most!

I don't mind the taste of Hersheys. I don't really care if they change Dairy Milk (I prefer White chocolate anyway!)

But I will be annoyed if they don't make Milka more readily available in the UK

ReputationRep:
    After how adamant they were about rejecting Kraft's bids it's such a shame they've given in after an increase in $$$.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.